Audi TT-RS Calipers won't fit OEM VRS 18"

B)

Perhaps Audi Engenieers should reconsider the use of these RS calipers on Audi cars and change to 312mm with porsche calipers, since they are better in everything

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Audi engineers? Sorry, I presumed you were putting them on your Skoda not on the car they were actually designed for. On the Audi RS they will be perfect. The master cylinder will be the correct spec to make the most of them and not give you issues with pedal feel and the bias/balance will be perfect due to the rears being properly sized to match so it doesnt dive under heavy use and again perfect for the RS's master cylinder. The unsprung weight won't be an issue either due to the aluminium suspension components instead of the cheaper, heavier mild steel components us Skoda drivers get. Oh and Audi wouldn't use them with Porsche decals in place, that would simply be very poor marketing. ;)

• Like 1

I was just kiding...relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

trust me, very few people are as relaxed as me. The obvious sign the post was made in a relaxed way was by the use of the emocicon at the end of my post ---> ;)

Been scouting for a set of ttrs calipers and £350 is cheap.

Personally for road use and if no remap standard brakes are fine. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

For me I'm about to slide on that slope, plus I do a few trackdays so for me upgrading is a must. Brakes are not an easy choice to make, still after 3 months of reading and I'm still unsure.

• 2 weeks later...

The Audi TT-RS ships from the factory with 18" wheels on but the spoke design at the back clears the wheel very neatly. Most other 18" wheels do not fit with the bigger RS calipers. Indeed, many genuine 19" Audi wheels won't fit over those calipers (ET52 Audi Rotors are fine, pretty much everything else is a bust).

Those are fabulous brakes (especially with the DaveB AP disk upgrade) but they need either Audi TT-RS 18" wheels (very cheap on German eBay or something more like 20" for proper clearance.

• 2 years later...