Where to buy brakeupgrades?

Confide

Hello guys and gal's!

A while ago (talking years ago) I saw a link in the Fabia mk1-part of the forum to a brittish page which sold calipers and carriers for different Volkswagenmodels.
The prices was really good you see and my D2-brakes are shot to hell already (!).
I've tried to relocate that link, but I can't seem to find it!
So I'm trying you guys : where do you go for brakeupgrades?
Got any tips?

Vagbremtechnic is a name that comes up all the time for VAG brake conversions

Porschecalipers.co.uk

On ebay there is a seller called GB automotive offering very good recondition 312mm sets, but I guess not what you are after.

Some ideas to get you started anyway

Fredde, the place to look then is the ebay store of GB Automotive. They do high quality refurb caliper kits and had some 256mm rears last time I checked, I think it was Dark Hero who has had some from there and recommended them as like new with high quality powder coating.

• Like 1

I must be both blind and stupid, because I can't find GB Automotive.
Well, I can find GB Automotive, but they sell cars on Ebay :<.
Can't find any post where Dark_Hero is linking the brakes either :<.

I hear mention of my name :)

Here's their ebay store.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gbautomotive2010

If you pm them they can sort out different colours too. I got my 312s and 256s from them. Maybe not the cheapest at £425 for the calipers and carriers but they are as new. I went for black powder coat to keep it nice and subtle :)

• Like 1

Just to add, I contacted GB Automotive via pm on ebay, they guy was really helpful, really quick to come back and when got talking I found he could spec a kit out for you, not just what was posted online.

For example some rear 256's with slotted discs and EBC Yellowstuff, the kit price when you look at the individual parts was, I thought, very good considering they look to do a very nice refurb job and the consumables are new.  This can't be said of other ebay lots.

I hear mention of my name :)

Here's their ebay store.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gbautomotive2010

If you pm them they can sort out different colours too. I got my 312s and 256s from them. Maybe not the cheapest at £425 for the calipers and carriers but they are as new. I went for black powder coat to keep it nice and subtle :)

Thanks DH, I probably should have put up a link :blush:

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk

Discs pads etc from here, they get sent out direct from the distributor.

Tarox from these among others

http://www.larkspeed.com

http://www.bigbrakes4u.co.uk

http://dcperformance.co.uk

I've looked around the Internet, including the above sites for brake and other upgrades and hardly any websites even list the 1.4 TSI Fabia at all!?

What are you after Millsy, most Mk4 Golf platform upgrades can be applied to the Fabia using 5x100 PCD. fitting

312mm Audi TT, MkIV golf anniversary or from Octy all the same

323mm Brembo from Leon Cupra R

MkIV gold R32 334mm upgrades

Tarot six pots and Porsche 996 brakes

All options

Needs to fit under your wheels ofc

Do we know what combo's fit under the VRS wheels? I'm still trying to work out what to do, and would like to go as good as I can, whilst keeping the existing wheels, ideally without spacers. 

I think that leaves me pretty much with just the 312/256 setup :(

What is wrong with 312/256 setup?

I have no experience at all with them, but on a Fabia, I'd imagine not mutch.

312/256 with Braided lines, decent fluid (RBF600 or some such) and high quality pads and discs should result in a close to fade free existence, even on track I'd imagine.

Just by going to better fluid on my old car that I used to track almost totally transformed the brakes, but the real problem was pads overheating. You can fix that, but the heat then just goes elsewhere. 

The R32 setup is twinpot with both piston coming from the same side as stock Fabia brakes.

They are still chunky though, we measure up my car and it was somewhere between 5mm and 10mm spacer required to keep things comfortable.

It will add a fair bit of unsprung weight to your car though, that is unless you are prepared to buy the drilled and grooved floating discs which are eye wateringly expensive.

I've upgraded to 312/256 and the result is great. No braided lines, just as you propose decent fluid and pads and the stopping power is more than enough.

Anyways bigger brakes then that even for an vRS falls in my opinion to personal preference or because your are pushing more than 250hp due to modifications and not because they don't work well plus it is also a matter of how you work your brakes.

Note 330 Brembos will fit with spacers.

ava8abyr.jpg

• Like 1

I was just about to type that I also have seen the 330/323mm Brembo's under Gigaro's, they are fairly slim.

Although I think the owner of that pic says that they are Ferrari calipers?  Possibly lighter again than the LCR Brembo's, I've certainly read that the Porsche Brembo's are lighter so you would expect the Ferrari's to follow suit.

The reason you go for a setup like D2 is too loose weight aswell.
I can measure the difference in caliper-weight between the aluminium-D2 and the cast-iron Octavia next time I have the chance ;).