Wasnt impressed but now im chuffed

I've like most had a serious problem with the quality of the head lights on the tavia, with them being projection type head light the cut off of light was shocking after a visit to skoda they assured me that its the design....

Well i decided that there must be away to better the light spread and well from help of this forum once again i now have a set of headlight light light up the road for all to see.

What i did was first of all clean the lenses.

Then i found from the forum how to higher the beam useing a allen key and adjusting the white plastic nut above the dip beam. (This improved it slightly but the original halogen bulbs where poor).

So an upgrade to some Osram Nightbreakers Unlimited 110% brighter light 40M distance and 30% whiter light did the trick 

Im now chuffed with the results hopefully some pics to follow on the outcome

• Like 1

wouldn't mind seeing pics as I ordered some nightbreakers unlimited + bulbs yesterday and wonder what colour light is produced. Bit concerned that the bulbs may have a poor lasting performance as I've read a lot of bad reviews about previous versions of osram bulbs not lasting very long at all

wouldn't mind seeing pics as I ordered some nightbreakers unlimited + bulbs yesterday and wonder what colour light is produced. Bit concerned that the bulbs may have a poor lasting performance as I've read a lot of bad reviews about previous versions of osram bulbs not lasting very long at all

I had osrams in my previous car they last me over 3 years and my sister now has it and they are still going strong ive never changed and ive tried my fair amount of bulbs ill try get some pics up during next week as I can oark it next to my dads car with the standard halogen bulbs

DMilleaVRS

Making the light higher with out a beam setter could result in Blinding motorists coming in the opposite direction  or  if you are following another car causing blindness in the rear view mirror

Theres nothing worse than miss aligned headlights.

I assume the hight adjustment is done  correctly without causing to many problems

• Like 2

As above, be careful when lifting the height of the headlights.

Whilst this may improve your vision it may be to the detriment of oncoming road users.

MOT test stations and main dealers have devices that allow the headlights to be adjusted within set parameters.

When your dealer said they were OK did they take a look at the car?

• Like 1

Had my share of up rated bulb's on my old car, I found that the more the output the less time they lasted, and they'd always fail in the winter when it was dark, or raining or both, and usually on a Wednesday !!. Haven't bothered changing them yet on the Octy as I seem to get a few lumens more, however am toying with the idea of buying a hid kit so we'll just wait and see...

hi where did you get them from as i am looking to get some

cheers