2008 Skoda Fabia Project

TheBoyArmitage

• 1 month later...

I know 32, she looks great, but the time has come, with my insurance coming down its time to upgrade, hopefully someone will give her a good home.

Sorry Slotty, but I'm selling her as she is! Send me some headlights and I'll happily do them over a weekend for you and send them back!

Carl

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On my way to pick this up today all being well... Already got ideas in my head that I've set wheels in motion for! 32 - I'll probably need to pick your brain about some of your performance upgrades at some point... also got some ideas for toys that people are going to love (and want!)... watch this space ;-)

Sent from my S5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

First batch of parts ordered...

Small things first whilst I wait for a few things to come to fruition.

It's gonna be fun!

More updates (with pictures) as it happens :)

So.

Plans so far are coming together:

• Wash/wax/paint correct at the weekend weather permitting - bought relevant cleaning items
  • Octy VRS half leathers to be converted - bought
  • Lowering springs - bought
  • Modify some cable connections to fit into blanking plates (Carl will know what I mean here!)
  • Fit reversing camera to tie into head unit - got parts, to-do
  • Modify air box with a slightly less pikey mod that I started out on my MPI with! - bought donor airbox and required parts
  • Set on the path towards more power... - already got a few places in mind
  • Re-do all bushes with uprated equivs - To-be bought
  • replace rear drums with discs - to be bought
  • Look into replacing either gearbox or swapping gears to get ratios better for 5th gear cruising with new power in-place - research ongoing
  • Replace most bulbs with uprated (avoiding HIDs for now till I get the run-down from my tamed mechanic) - bought
  • Powdercoat some winter wheels white and fit some winters to them in prep - already scouted a guy locally

• Like 1

ajusyjyg.jpg This arrived today as a sacrificial air box. The plan? To open that up so I can marry it up to the slam panel properly. No ridiculous 90 degree bends on my watch!

It'll be akin to my original pikey air box cold air intake, but neater.

Edited by Chris Coates

So. After some detailed conversations, it turns out that this car has now gained a name... The little boy has chosen to call him (yes him) Loki... when asked why, he said "it has lk in its number plate and it's godlike!" Lol! As long as it's not following it's namesake as the god of mischief I'll be happy!

So. Today I replaced the indicators with Philips silver visions and the headlights with Philips Xtreme Vision 100% bulbs.

Before:

eqe9y3u6.jpg

After:

6ajeha2y.jpg

Too bright for a light comparison but they look nice.

Does anyone know the easiest way to get to the side lights? It seems very... inaccessible and I've not touched a mk2 till today!

Good Luck with the sides Chris...! If I were you I'd invest in some decent Philips or Osram LED cos these side lights are very hard to get out and trust me, once you get them out, replace the bulbs you don't want to go there again. My first attempt took me over one hour. Replaced standard ones with some eBay ****e ones which started to flicker after one month so had to replace them again. After few swaps I have up and spent over £20 on the pair of 6000k LED Phillips ones which give 12 years warranty and look great. Well worth the money. I fitted these nearly a year ago and no problems at all...:)

And the next step in my 1.2 journey is...

aguvyne5.jpg

And so now I don't have to make do with rubbish oem snorkle and instead can get some decent airflow to the filter box! Huzzah!

I'll get some pictures when it goes in.

• Like 1

Gratuitous car shot:

una8amej.jpg

Clean.

Rear bench that joel kindly gave me is at the upholsterers being adapted...

... More news as it happens [emoji1]