Fabia vRS mk1 AP coilovers?

Nice one. Will have to get a notch sorted for next year. Going to run mine all the way down I think as it will be back sensible after next years shows and be used a true daily for when I start my next real project through next year so will want the fab for more fun and a bit hooning with the other scraping the floor just for shows.

Nice one. Will have to get a notch sorted for next year. Going to run mine all the way down I think as it will be back sensible after next years shows and be used a true daily for when I start my next real project through next year so will want the fab for more fun and a bit hooning with the other scraping the floor just for shows.

Mine gets use as daily as it is :) well did it's off the road now till after Christmas having gtb2260vk fitted clutch headwork and injectors 6pot brakes. Then once that done it will be used as a daily then next projected is a mk2 golf wiv bam engine in :)

• Like 1

Great minds think a like dav lol, im doing a mk2 project next year, not a 1.8t though, buying an early mk2 and going for a resto project. The fab will still be low just not as low so i can go around corners with out scrubbing so i can take it on track etc and actually have my friends in the back.

Great minds think a like dav lol, im doing a mk2 project next year, not a 1.8t though, buying an early mk2 and going for a resto project. The fab will still be low just not as low so i can go around corners with out scrubbing so i can take it on track etc and actually have my friends in the back.

Cool Being toying with the idea for a while but going get the Fabia done and bite the bullet and go for it I want the big bumper the 90s spec one

Yer if i was going down the big power route ide have a big bumper as it the right style i think, im on a budget so just going classic small bumper type 19 with a 1600 on twin webbers. I had one before and always regret letting it go.

• 2 years later...

Thanks! I found that out but cannot find one other than one on ebay. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282125048011?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Slpitter to

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221120452835?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just need to have that front end. It's simply the best one out there i think.

Edited by Vassa

• 2 months later...

I too am looking at AP coilovers but was wondering if the ST coilover kit is worth the extra money? As they're made by KW i was thinking they must be good quality. Heard nothing but good reviews about AP's though.

• Sponsor

I too am looking at AP coilovers but was wondering if the ST coilover kit is worth the extra money? As they're made by KW i was thinking they must be good quality. Heard nothing but good reviews about AP's though.

If your budget allows then definitely go for the ST kit as the internals and build is definitely of a higher standard but saying that, the AP kit is a great option for the money.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

Thanks mate. The ap's look like they corrode a bit but other than that they seem great. I can only just stretch to the ST's but then also need top mounts and bearings- just wondered if they're worth the extra £120ish

So after digging a bit more I've found a bit of a negative feedback for AP's, are vmaxx any good?

You dig enough and you'll find negative feedback about anything, consensus is the AP's win the bang for your buck equation, not that they're the best, spend more and you'll get more.

I know that you get what you pay for and that under £400 isn't a lot for coilovers but £400 as a sum of money is a lot. I wouldn't expect to pay nearly £400 and have them banging, knocking and not coming with parts they're supposed to (helper springs) I think I might go for v-maxx along with the shortened droplinks, don't think I can stretch to ST's plus new topmounts and bearings.