Mk6 golf GTI MFSW

I've been tinkering with the idea of fitting a MFSW to my 2010 VRS. The only thing really putting me off is the steering wheel itself looks boring! (As far as steering wheels go).

The Golf MFSW from a GTI / R32 looks so much better with the flat bottom and stainless inserts. Does anyone know if this is compatible and can be fitted??

Thanks.

I've been tinkering with the idea of fitting a MFSW to my 2010 VRS. The only thing really putting me off is the steering wheel itself looks boring! (As far as steering wheels go).

The Golf MFSW from a GTI / R32 looks so much better with the flat bottom and stainless inserts. Does anyone know if this is compatible and can be fitted??

Thanks.

A lot may depend on what level of steering wheel you currently have, whether it has MF buttons or not

If your current car does, there's every chance the VW wheel will be compatible

In my pre-facelift DSG I went from a basic wheel with no MF buttons and no flappy paddles to a Golf Mk5 GTi flat-bottomed wheel with both MF buttons and flappy paddles and needed a new steering wheel controller and new slip ring

it's going to be more complex to put a golf wheel in there in terms of working out what controler you'll need, but not impossible. suggest drop eddie-nl a message (if he doensn't reply to this thread) as he is the retro-fit guru.

i went for an OEM skoda mfsw from skodatiele.cz. I don't think it looks boring at all (but each to their own etc) plus it has a skoda logo, where your golf will have the vw airbag cover that has a vw logo.

mine:

8511599573_21ae36e41f.jpg

Octavia vRS Multi Function Wheel by lotus-gt, on Flickr

No, i didn't fit it myself - it's certainly possible for a diy fit if you're happy taking the car apart, but i got mine fitted by Alex @ AKS.

Taking the wheel off with the explosive airbag would have given me the willies - much easier to pay Alex, plus knows exactly what he's doing :)

Don't think so John. I was talking about a Skoda MFSW. After seeing the price difference of what I can pick up a skis whel for. I've opted for that option!

Just need to find somewhere near south west Scotland to fit it!!! Any takers??

Mines is just the basic wheel with no MF. It's a manual car as well. Did you change yours yourself or get it done somewhere?

Ben at Shark Performance fitted it and coded it, super job too   :thumbup:

I am a fan of the flat bottom, so to speak  :)

DSC_2409.jpg

• Like 1