Miles per tank VRS

Hi fellow VRS Octy 3 VRS drivers.

Just wondered how many miles you were all getting out of a full tank of diesel (approx £60).

Mine is a DSG TDI estate.

On my tdi dsg estate I'm getting:

476 per tank according to my app, which also says iv averaged over 1633 miles 43.28mpg.

Not as good as my manual mk2 which averaged 45mpg over 18,000 but still time for it to settle in and improve :).

I'm a tad worried I'm giving it too many beans! I struggle to get 430 from a tank but that is a mixture of town/short journeys and a bit of motorway commute.

476 sounds good Robfab. Is that being gentle most of the time?

Non vRS DSG and I can get about 500 to 550 at a push on a long motorway cruise.

Round town driving, more like 450.

What engine do you have in yours Andy?

I'm a tad worried I'm giving it too many beans! I struggle to get 430 from a tank but that is a mixture of town/short journeys and a bit of motorway commute.

476 sounds good Robfab. Is that being gentle most of the time?

Erm...very mixed i like to accelerate hard now and again, my drive to work gets me 50mpg on trip and 36mpg on way home and thats the journey i do most, then alot of running about locally where I may give it some. Im happy with it at that at the minute its pretty sane as my mk2 manual at this stage when i reached 10,000 in the mk2 it suddenly increased dramatically so hoping for the same in this. Its hard to compare with tank been smaller but i tend to fill up every 2 weeks

Hi fellow VRS Octy 3 VRS drivers.

Just wondered how many miles you were all getting out of a full tank of diesel (approx £60).

Mine is a DSG TDI estate.

£60 is around 44 litres of diesel so not a full tank (50 litres)

I've just driven 313mikes today including 50 miles on the dyno, and a brim to brim calculation was 39.2 mpg

Ok I don't feel as bad as I first thought! Lol! So that's 313 miles to a tank? I know you've done 50 on the dyno.

43.8 on a Man TDI. Only done 900 miles

43.8 miles to a tank? Lol!

I was just wondering what people roughly get out of a tank of fuel (amount of miles). For me that's the bit that counts as my work pay me pence per mile. I'm not bothered about mpg as I know what I can get out of mine all depending on how it's driven!

But surely the miles-per-tankful also depends on how it's driven?

Absolutely! I just mean rough workings out on how many miles on average people get to a tank. Just wanted to see if I was getting 'similar' to other fellow VRS owners.

I get a car allowance which pays for the car/running costs of it, then pence per mile which covers my business mileage. Just wanted to see if I was in the same region as everyone else, which it appears I probably am! :-)

Best I've had so far is 560 miles out of 45 litres so 56mpg or thereabouts. I'm inclined to think my daily commute from CF82 to BS20 is relatively gentle on the car. Plus my last car was a Octy 2 Greenline so I hypermile a bit.