Polybush Lower Engine Mount - Fab vRS

adilVRS

Hi All,

After some experiences of the differences after fitting a Superpro lower engine mount on a Fabia vRS with Eibach lowering springs.

Am about to commit to a purchase, and am concerned of increased vibrations in the cars body - diesels are bad enough and do not want to regret the purchase.

Thanks,

adil

Don't do it. Superpro will make you HATE your car... It's literally unbearable.... Unless you don't mind constant noise and rattling and feeling like you have a vibrator up your arse.

Myself and a few others opted for the Powerflex equivalent which is just about perfect :)

Powerflex here too but it's on a seat ibiza and there is minor vibrations through the cabin on idle but driving is much better.

I opted for this after reading the super pro is stiffer and many users have said about the excess vibration over the powerflex

• 4 weeks later...

Guys 

Have just had a powerflex red fitted when the flexy joint on my Milltek downpipe ( MIlltek wouldnt warrent it) was replaced by Powerspeed in Ashford.

Do they bed in as it seems to shake steering wheel at idle now, not to bad but enough. 

On a plus side car has much impoved gear change etc.

I personally think that worn engine mounts are biggest cause of worn and popping out intercooler pipes as when engine moves it pulls on the pipes stressing the crap bayonet connections.

Mercs have same design and dont suffer like we do

Remove your original one + fill in the gaps with Stikaflex or any windscreen sealant or similar hardcore sealant.

After letting it set for a good 24hrs you will find it us stiffer but no where near as harsh as the powerflex or superpro ones :)

I replaced the OEM torsion bar bush with a 65 shore (red) powerflex bush to my wife's SE a few months ago.

For us it was a big mistake, the car felt much more harsh to drive and it had a horrible vibration on idle which was bad enough to shake the steering wheel.

So with nothing to loose I decided to drill the bush, I drilled 2x10mm, 4x8mm and 4x4mm holes through the bush.

The difference these holes made is fantastic, the car is smoother and more pleasant to drive than it has ever been.