A-pillars

MattGreen

My A-pillars have been on my mind...so I had a fiddle with gimp at work ;-)

(Like Photoshop but free)

Has anyone done this? And what's peoples opinions?fabgreen.jpg

I just think black A's benefit the black roof but don't necessarily suit the body coloured roof. I'm unsure though so am putting it to the vote. Should I paint some A-pillars up?

Yeah I like it too.

The black is meant to give the roof the floating affect, I have never reall understood that term as itcould never float now could it...

Go ahead and paint them it sure looks good to me.

looks great with the colour, but I wouild personally paint the B pillar and the mirrors (but that is just me as I like clean)

Was I the only one who saw the reference to gimp at work, please tell me gimp is a nickname and not a job description?

GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/

So which is best?:

2013-09-07154026.png

fabgreen.jpg

fabgreen2.jpg

I know the A-pillars will be easy to remove for painting, I'm un-decided on the rest. I would buy a second set of A's to paint so I can revert if I want, and will mostly likely see how they go before doing the B's and mirrors. Maybe I should go all out and paint the wheels body colour too... hmmm. Maybe not.

Sorry but I really don't like the body coloured pillars. I have your car essentially only no black pack lights and grill.

The car is already tall and narrow, the black (to the eye) reduces the impact of this visually, the black roof more so. I think it would be a bad move to go body colour. Especially as the car has the black grill.

Can you get your gimp to make the grill surround green as well just for comparison, that looks really well on the old fabia and Octy, might bring the look together more.

Hmmm, I would like the black roof but I was thinking of things I could do myself (on the cheap) plus I want to be indavijual innit.

My gimp is locked up at work now but I cobbled this together on my phone...

Sketch225184817.jpg

I'm also liking the green grill. Good idea sparkly.

Shame you can't get paint match in plasti-dip spray...is that grill trim removable does anyone know? I'm keen to be able to put it back to how it is now if I do any painting.

Shame you can't get paint match in plasti-dip spray...is that grill trim removable does anyone know? I'm keen to be able to put it back to how it is now if I do any painting.

Plastidip will mix to your desired colour (so they say) but don't know how accurate it can be given that the metallic effect comes as a separate product.

Well thanks for all the thoughts so far. The B's and the mirrors will stay black, I think I'll paint up a set of A's at some point and swap them over. I will look into what I can do with the grill, if I can have an interchangeable grill top trim too I will paint one of those as well. I'm getting ahead of myself though as it's hardly spraying weather currently.

When I first bought the car I really wanted a black one, and wasn't a big fan of the green. It's grown on me though... I can't quite believe I want it greener tbh.

Edited by MattGreen

The top part of the grille trim, including the badge, is easy to get off. The lower part, not so easy.