Stripping down interior light

skippy41

Has anyone removed there centre interior light for any work to be done.

I will be fitting a mic next week in there, and have found the square lined bit is set for a left hooker, but cannot be swapped, but I will have to remove the whole unit to get the wiring done, I have found the how to on the Octavia but wondered if there was a how to for the superb, being as the interior lighting is different

have had mine apart and did take some pictures as I went along as there are 4 screws in total but not all the same!

Unfortunately I have no idea what you are saying here

" and have found the square lined bit is set for a left hooker, but cannot be swapped"

It may be a reference to a sport perhaps which would explain it.

Pm me if you would like the pics.

Is this what you mean?

front_light.png

Regarding the square bit into which the mic clips, I haven't done it on the Superb as the mic was preinstalled, but did it on a MY07 Jetta which is almost identical and it had square bits to clip the mic unit in on both sides.  I can't recall if the grilles over both were perforated.

To be honest, I'm not sure it matters.  The mic points straight down and callers can hear my front passenger just as well as they can hear me.

• Like 1

Wow thanks for that, perfect , what I meant by left hooker, is when you remove part number 2 the hole for the mic is on the passenger side of the light unit, not the right

Do the side panels that go from the roof to the dash just pull off im asking due to them having vents in them

Yes they just pull out.  They're held in with two spring clips.  Start at the top and work down.

Apillar1.png

• 9 months later...

Hi all

after searching the site this post came close to answering my query but not quite.

I'm trying to remove the interior front light panel so that I can change the bulb, I managed to pop off the middle section but it didn't look like the drawing above. I've tried to prise off the panel around the lights themselves but there is quite a bit of resistance around where the LED ambient spots are and that's where my  bottle gave out! I felt that if it was going to pop off it would've done.

Any ideas greatly appreciated, cheers

post-117789-0-32046700-1410722680_thumb.jpg