Leather seats in VRS

Trying to decide if i need leather seats or not.  Going to lease the car and have kids.  Just wondering how hard wearing the normal VRS upholstery will be.  Does anyone have any pics of leather interior with white / silver stitching?

I have leather in my current mkII and had ordered them in the mkIII, then after seeing some early pics of the demo cars etc and the sagging issues (admittedly they seem to have cured or bettered the issue) I cancelled them. The standard seats have a substantial area covered already in leather. For the kids, bits where the car seats sit wont be an issue as they'll be covered by them, sides are leather and the rear of the front seats are leather.

All in all having had both half leather, then leather, then ordering and cancelling the leather option in my next vrs I have concluded it is an expensive option for not a lot of extra 'leather'.

The mkIII interior seems better quality compared to the mkII which had the light inserts which is why I ordered leather to combat the messy kids.

I intend to scotch guard the car myself a soon as it arrives anyway. Personally keep your £800 or £20 odd a month.

Each to their own but another thing to consider is do you actually see anymore value over standard when you sell on, I personally haven't.

We have lfull leather on our Mk 3 VRS and are well happy with it, seems to be much better than the leather in my Superb Combi. we're both of a larger stature and after 2k they are as good as when we picked the car up

SAM_1614.jpg

SAM_1613.jpg

The leather seats on Sparshatts Group's Octy vRS doesn't look too clever, and it's only done 694 miles. Do a search on Autotrader and you'll see it's got more wrinkles than a Shar Pei dog, not only on the backrest but also the passenger seat squab. All I can say is that they must have a fat sales exec using that as their usual runner. Would you pay £29k for that?!?

Personally I'd have the leather (with the winter pack) I'll probably get slated for this but having sat in the dealers demonstrator with the normal seats the interior was IMO underwhelming and didn't set it apart from the other models. Having leather seperates it from the others that don't have that option and passengers sitting in it tend to associate leather with a premium model which the vRS is. Wipes clean easily too!

My opinion is that the leather used in most if not all Skodas is not the best and ages v badly indeed.

My 10 month old Blackline has coming up to 9.5k on the clock, its been well looked after and im not a big bloke, the bolsters and backrest on the drivers seat have faired well but the centre section of the drivers seat squab is starting to bag a bit, particularly the middle section. Its as if the foam has given a bit and the leather cover has stretched a touch. The base leathers also gone quite shiny. Not what i expected with a car so new....also given the leather would have been an expensive option bad for it to wear like this so soon, drivers seat looks like its done 90k TBH.

i happened to come across a 59 plate vRS estate in a car park the other day and had a peer through the window, it had vRS leather too and both front seats were considerably more baggy than mine so a sign of things to come (though im not likely to own the car for a great deal longer)

Not so sure VW's fair alot better though ive seen some fairly new MK6 GTi/GTD's with baggy seat bases.

Having spent a bit of time on a BMW z4 forum (before my kids arrived) I've seen many a sagging leather seat repaired by simply warming the stretched leather through with a hot air gun*, sure I've seen it on wheeler dealers or the like too.

* I accept no liability for damage caused by following my advice. If in doubt consult a coachtrimmer or similar for advice! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Having read comments and seen pictures of the leather VRS seats on this forum, it was interesting to see the leather seats close up on my new VRS. 

They do have areas on the seating surface (bottom) where the material is not taught, but wavy and a little slack.

My concern is that they do not offer the support that they would provide if the surface tension was greater.

Also, their appearance will deteriorate through normal use when the already slack leather stretches.

Intend speaking with the dealer to discuss this issue with a hope of resolution.

Edited by piggieslane