• Below average
    • Average
    • better than average
    • I'm a driving god, me and Schumacher is my biatch

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a typical result from a poll on driving ability.

I think the biggest problem with a poll like this is people's perception of "average" and their definition of a "good" driver. Is average defined as half-way between the ability of Maureen from driving school and Senna, or is it down to how the majority of people drive?

Interestingly we had a similar proportion of "above average" drivers in a survey at work despite the shocking driving I see of people entering and leaving the site :rofl:

Chris

I suspect that it's also down to selective memory, and the fact that, unless they're driving something distinctive and going way faster than you, you'll not remember most people who're as good as you or better, but you will remember the odd elderly twonck who lets a mile long queue build up behind him by driving at 30mph on a 60mph (typical safe cruise) road and refusing to move over, or the kid in the kevved-up Nova that wheelspins away from the lights ar 200dB.

I would consider myself above average but that could be because there is too many below average drivers on the road these days!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'd agree there. My driving is of a tolerable standard (well just about), but it's well above average, because of just how low "average" is these days.

My driving has been great all the 7 years I have had a licence. Though I still sometimes but rarely allow my anger to get the better of me now and then and on occasions I drop concentration now and then (Mainly due to 12 shifts and finishing at 2am or 3am) But overall I have good preception and discipline on the road... my mates tend to refer to me as Grandad Driver (25 years old is my age) so I can not be that bad a driver, or certain friends would point it out, over and over again, until you get to the point of killing yourself just so you do not have to put up with it anymore :D

Also I am trainning for my IAM and then ROSPA and depending on a few aspects, maybe I will go for the ADI and teach youglings and dinosaurs how to drive :D After all I need to get people on the road, how else will manufacturers make there money.... I will provide brain washing lessons to ensure they all buy Skoda's... Yes I am crazy.... I blame the tadpoles !!!

Q

• 2 months later...
Average... although my perception of average is probably different to the proper average, as i reckon average is low....so thinkin about it i should be above average. :)

Clear as mud :rofl:

I actually think that I may have improved and am almost ready to move out of category 1 :D

• 2 months later...

Good luck, John - it'll come easily after a couple of observed drives and it'll all click into place :thumbup: Just remember IPSGA and limit points :rofl:

Was there anything in particular they picked up on? :D

Chris

Overlapping was my main habbit which is what I was expecting. Failed my turn in the road. Forgot you had to use the handbrake. I thought you only used it for a 1 point turn ;)

Other than that just general awarness.

Was interesting to see people of all ages and also cars. Got chatting with a nice guy with a CSL.

Keep going :thumbup:

Will do. Just been reading a good thread about overlapping on the advanced drivers forum. Today I've been concentrating on my hands on wheel and stop longer than 3 secs handbrake on.