MIB Columbus DAB Station Logos

Anyone know how to get the DAB station logos to show?

I have managed to add station logos to the favourites, using the logo pack downloaded from the VW website here

http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/golf_7/brochure/senderlogos.html

but, I don't get a station logo if I switch the view on the DAB to show the large logos? They all show up fine on the favourites button though.

Do you have to load additional files, or are these supposed to be broadcast OTA?

Which channels, and can you let me know which firmware version your MIB Columbus is running? Mine is 0101.

I haven't seen them for Radio 1 & 2, or Radio 5 Live, which are the ones I would expect to work.

Edit - just remembered you are in Romania!

Anyone in the UK get DAB logos OTA?

I created a folder on my SD card called Radio stations,

googled images with radio station name,

copied a suitable picture to the folder on the sd card,

on the favourites logos on radio, Amundsen in my case, under station logo, found the corresponding picture file and linked it.

As far as I know, logos don't appear OTA.

Hope this helps somewhat.

on the favourites logos on radio, Amundsen in my case, under station logo, found the corresponding picture file and linked it.

What size did you use for the logos?  Is it restricted 500x500 like with album artwork?

Edited by milbil

The favourites logos aren't a problem, on the Columbus you can have a slideshow view which shows a large logo, these are all blank on mine, even with favourite logos added.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

The favourites logos aren't a problem, on the Columbus you can have a slideshow view which shows a large logo, these are all blank on mine, even with favourite logos added.

Oh right, hmm, not sure then. Might be a resolution/size thing with the logos.

I've installed logos from 192x114 to 520x300 in size and all show in the favourites and on the Station Information page. All of them are very small on the SI page though, certainly smaller than the space allocated for the logo.

Also, most of my album art is 600x600 and shows okay, although it can take some time to load. The recommended maximum size may explain why.

Are the station logos jpeg or png files? I have a funny feeling the VW ones are png, plus they have names like Radio_1_s , so maybe a larger file with the same name can be used for the station info page?

Looking at the VW forums for the Discover Pro (Columbus equivalent), a larger logo is only displayed if it is over the air form the radio station.

You can use jpeg, png or bmp and you can download partially transparent logos in the correct size for the favourites list (200x120) from here:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228