iRaceForPies Monte Carlo

iRaceForPies

First thoughts,  you never got stopped so you were OK there,

Second thought,

Civic Type R 198bhp minimum, even gubbed ones tuned and sounding like cr4p,

so if your car looks cool, maybe just as well cruising within the speed limits because even with a 105 ps or remapped to 133 BHP you get your ar5e kicked.

Great pictures.

george

• Like 1

First thoughts,  you never got stopped so you were OK there,

Second thought,

Civic Type R 198bhp minimum, even gubbed ones tuned and sounding like cr4p,

so if your car looks cool, maybe just as well cruising within the speed limits because even with a 105 ps or remapped to 133 BHP you get your ar5e kicked.

Great pictures.

george

It's why I find it funny, they think my car has a lot more power than it does (think it's a vRS maybe), when it's really just a 1.2 haha. And there was no way this Type R was standard lol

Hey guys,

I picked up my 1.2tsi Monte Carlo friday, and so far I absolutely love it!

Coming from a 1.2 64BHP Mk1 fabia, the 1.2 Turbo is a big improvement, and it is surprisingly torquey. The handling and ride is also a big improvement. 

Since Friday I have covered 600 miles, and averaged around 44Mpg with motorway trips and spirited A road driving. I drove it to anglesey and back today with a pal, and it is simply a joy to drive. 

However, there is one problem that I noticed as soon as I got back from the dealership. Both fog lights have got condensation in, is this a common problem? I assume it can be sorted under warranty? 

Also, would the 1,2tsi engine benefit from having a panel filter installed?

attachicon.gifIMG_3927.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3928.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3946.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3947.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3963.jpg

Is the pass into betws y coed

• 2 weeks later...

I treated myself to an early Christmas present yesterday... a K&N Panel filter.

Im hoping for a little bit more induction noise, and i think this should help with that :) In the mean time, I really need to stop looking at remaps :(

This will probably sound very stupid, but... what's a panel filter?

I've been a Monte owner for about eight weeks and learned so much from this site. I've even surprised myself, never had even a passing interest in cars - I even use two buckets when washing the car now!

:giggle:

I've been a Monte owner for about eight weeks and learned so much from this site. I've even surprised myself, never had even a passing interest in cars - I even use two buckets when washing the car now!

A panel filter is just the basic paper filter that is in the airbox. The K&N just allows the car to breathe better basically, giving a very slight performance improvement and a bit more noise :)

I also decided today to have a go around Castle Coombe against the big boys in their vRS'...should be interesting haha

We'll get you onto 3 buckets soon with the additional one being for wheels :rofl:

Okay I have some good and some bad news.....

The Good -  

Still Loving my car.

I took the car to its first meet yesterday, and there was a show and shine. The fabia got called 'inside' as it came in the top 5, unfortunately I didnt win, but I was still very happy about coming in the top 5. The other top 5 were -  New Polo GTi (which won), New Fiesta St, RWD Sierra Cosworth and a DS3. 

The bad.... -

75% of the time I put the car in to Reverse, the gear box crunches. Even if i double clutch, it still crunches.

Turbo/Wastegate Rattle, its made a rattling noise since I have owned the car, whenever the engine is revved to about 3k in neutral. I thought it was just a 'normal' noise that the car made. However, I carried out some research and it appears to be a common fault.

Also, the passenger side speaker is rattling/vibrating.

Im going to ring the dealer tomorrow and get them to take a look at the issues I am having.

Any advice would be appreciated.

post-92829-0-14603600-1388351376_thumb.jpg

post-92829-0-24717100-1388351392_thumb.jpg

post-92829-0-89388800-1388351409_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just bought some H&R 40mm lowering springs for the fabia today off Willovrs on here, fitting them this weekend!

Also debadged the back of the car yesterday, and also ordered some number plate LEDs.
Hoping to tint the rear lights in the next few weeks and also purchase some wind deflectors.

I will post some more pics when the springs are fitted :)

• Like 1

Cars looking awesome mate. Really like to the look of the all black monte's.

That firsta and polo look bloody lovely aswel!

My car sometimes struggles abit with reverse. I have to release the clutch and start again sometimes (then it slots in without crunching or anything) Doesnt seem to change when the engines warm or cold though. Strange that. I never force it though, got too much mechanical sympathy for that haha.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thought id try and keep the topic up to date :) 

Fitted my lowering springs about 2 weeks ago....wow! what a difference! Car now looks better and also handles considerably better.

I have also ordered some Team HEKO wind deflectors, which are due to arrive this week :) 

P.S Would a Moderator be able to move this topic in to the project journals for me please?

post-92829-0-39717100-1395590668_thumb.jpg

post-92829-0-40797900-1395590682_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...