Gas and Electric prices to fall!

Neo_VR

As the Gov have rolled back some of their green levies..

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2013/12/government-shakes-up-energy-bills-what-does-it-mean-for-you

Unfortunately those who scrambled to get on a long fix deal before the price rises will be **** out of luck for taking advantage. (although if you were savvy when comparing there wont be much difference anyway)

You could argue that they planned it that way maybe??

Knowing full well they would reduce prices in the future it makes sense to

keep that quiet and lock folk into a higher tariff before the prices fall....

As the Gov have rolled back some of their green levies..

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2013/12/government-shakes-up-energy-bills-what-does-it-mean-for-you

Unfortunately those who scrambled to get on a long fix deal before the price rises will be **** out of luck for taking advantage. (although if you were savvy when comparing there wont be much difference anyway)

All the big six are going to do is give you back get the government to give you back a little of the increases they have just announced. If you fixed prior to the increase you will still be slightly better off.

The companies are not cutting back their obscene profits to lower prices, Dodgy Dave is too much on their side to enforce any price controls. DD was going to be the greenest government ever, another U turn no wonder the Tories have destroyed the archive of all his pledges and false promises.Government happy to see the poor old and infirm die because they cannot afford to keep warm, whilst the big six vastly increase their profits year after year.

• Like 1

Didn't one of the Leibour ministers make some comment last week about the ConDems doing one u-turn, and then another? Now, around here, if you do 2 u-turns you go in a complete circlen and finish up heading in your original direction!

• Like 1

So much spin on this it makes me dizzy.

If I pay, for example, £1,000 a year now and the increase is 9%, I will pay £1,090 next year. If the increase is 4%, I will pay £1,040. Will someone please explain to me how paying £40 more next year constitutes a price CUT? All that has been cut is the amount of the INCREASE.

Please let's not give this con trick any credence by referring to it in terms of lower prices. If I only had to pay £950 next year, THAT would be lowering the price.

Didn't one of the Leibour ministers make some comment last week about the CON DEMO PRATS doing one u-turn, and then another? Now, around here, if you do 2 u-turns you go in a complete circlen and finish up heading in your original direction!

Corrected the party name :sweat:

But only if you're not a Westminster politician. It's all pre bout posturing in the long run up to the next elections. Every week in our local paper I see our Tory bloke doing something to get attention . I suspect he's runing scared, as the last Labour MP is now a County Councillor and part of the prospective Labour team. Now if we could pipe the hot air from Westminster to homes throught the country, we wouldn't need to import gas for heating.

Now if we could pipe the hot air from Westminster to homes throught the country, we wouldn't need to import gas for heating.

Years ago there was a gasometer next to where I worked; we always joked that you knew when our MP was in town because it would suddenly fill up, then gently empty when he went off again (in both senses of the word).

Edited by GentleGiant

My several year fixed-price deal comes to an end at the end of the year, so I need to find a new multi-fuel (gas & electricity) deal to switch to shortly....

Meh.

They've just shifted the same levies onto general taxation. So you're probably still going to pay just not via your energy bill.

Our 3yr fix finished next year, expecting a big hit then.

Edited by Aspman

I had to put my meter readings in last week and EDF have recalculated my monthly payments - down to £71 which isn't bad at all, and I'll end up using less with the solar panels anyway. Once the FIT payments have been made I should average out at £200 or less for the entire year which would be nice.