octavia bluetooth module

sheff

can anyone tell me how to fit one, is it easy? i don't really want to pay Skoda's prices, i was thinking about just buying one off Ebay and fitting it myself. Thanks..

• 5 weeks later...

Sheff: what age is your car and does it have maxidot?  The fitting is not too difficult, and there are plenty of guides about if you search on here. However, it is important to get the right module for your car, and the answer to these two questions will help us advise.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to buy bluetooth module according to your car type. On ebay you can find wiring set wit microphone.

It is eaqsy to install and afrewards coding is done by VCDS. I did all job myself on my O2 FL in one afternoon :happy:

• 1 month later...

I have just fitted a "Fiscon Kufatec Plus 36496 Volkswagen VW Skoda handsfree" Bluetooth unit in my O2 FL (with Maxidot), it works without the need for rSAP on the phone.

The fitting was straight forward apart from getting the connector cable plugged into the Head Unit - took a bit of working out! Once the VCDS coding was done everything worked perfect and as Piko33 said, it can be done in an afternoon.

• 5 months later...