Roomster Scout

manni

• 3 weeks later...

Today I visited VAGarena.fi local meet in Turku area. It was held in ABC Auranlaakso.

Here's few pictures from the meeting:

2014-01-18+14.06.41.jpg

2014-01-18+14.06.50.jpg

2014-01-18+14.07.03.jpg

Temperature was now between -12 and -14. Roomster is a very warm car and climatronic is making a very good job with managing the right temperature.

Hi manni! We are practically neighbors;)  Can I question? As you drive the car with the engine 1.2? I have 1.4, and I sometimes do not have enough power. Torque I would even say.

Hi,

So we are :)

My car is equipped with 1.2 TSI with 105 hp and 175 Nm. Your bigger but non turbo engine doesn't have that much power. Here's list from Wikipedia.

It's actually pretty powerful and DSG transmission helps to use every bit of power.

Hi,

So we are :)

My car is equipped with 1.2 TSI with 105 hp and 175 Nm. Your bigger but non turbo engine doesn't have that much power. Here's list from Wikipedia.

It's actually pretty powerful and DSG transmission helps to use every bit of power.

And, I understand))

• 2 months later...

I changed to summer tires yesterday. They're Bridgestone Turana ER300 and size is 205/45R16. Rims are original Arktos alloys. Here's some pictures:

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

It's very different to drive now. Steering is much sharper and it corners better. Winter tires are with studs and their size is 195/55R15. 
Edited by manni

• 2 weeks later...

Today we had VAGarena.fi meeting in same place as in January. Now weather was a bit warmer.

Here's some pictures:

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

:yes: seems weird seeing one at standard ride height.

I haven't got any reasons to lower the ride hight yet.

By the way, are there some differences in Scout and normal model's springs or dampers? The ride feels more solid than base models'. The model I test drived was 1.2 TSI 85 Adventure. It may be cause of different tires, Scout models are equipped with 205/45R16 and standard models are with 195/55R15.

I'm sure it's all down to tyres, which are both wider and have lower profile than the tyres fitted to other models.   The ride in my test-drive SE was noticeably softer than my Scout.  I liked SE but I preferred the look of the scout and I wanted the Scout's electrical wizardry (ABS, MBA, EDL, HBA).  I also preferred the Scout's interior and I was prepared to sacrifice a little ride comfort in order to get them all.

I still find it ridiculous that 15" alloys are available on all Roomster models except the Scout.  And I know Yeti owners share similar frustrations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've never seen Skoda "sport seats" in a Roomster.

Nice addition. :)

Browsing through some old threads (checking out Miami Blue Roomsters) and found this.

Here's another Roomster with Sport Seats;-

OctaviavRS154.jpg

OctaviavRS157.jpg

I did a conversion a few years ago with Fabia Sport fabric and foam (the frames are the same).

Looking now to transfer them into a newer Roomster Scout.

Guy

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I came back from telt trip. Here's some pictures:

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

As usual, everything can be fitted to a Roomster.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Today I got the package from Superskoda. Here's some pictures:

2015-05-21%2B16.32.48.jpg

Before installation

2015-05-21%2B16.38.55.jpg

After installation

2015-05-21%2B16.40.27.jpg

New keychain

2015-05-21%2B16.44.29.jpg

New keychain installed

And here's two pictures from weekend:

2015-05-17%2B21.23.38.jpg

2015-05-17%2B21.24.44.jpg

As you can see, I'm really happy with my Roomster. I'm waiting for summer holiday to start after four weeks. I'm going to Sweden for some time. :)

• Like 1

I started camping season yesterday in Kustavi, Finland. Equipment seems to work fine and tent is fine even in wet conditions.

11371043_498678273616463_869685953_n.jpg

Of course Roomster is very handy when transporting stuff for camping.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a nice trip to Sweden. I came back at tuesday evening. Today I made a post to my Finnish camping blog about that. That post contains kinda lot of pictures of Roomster, so you'd like to read it. :)

Ruotsin reissu

Hi Manni,maybe you remember,i asked if i could have your seats. Dont need them now,i fitted a set of Fabia Monte Carlo seats in my Roomster a couple of weeks ago.Regards. post-51841-0-69327600-1435837413_thumb.jpgpost-51841-0-05942500-1435837489_thumb.jpg

Hi Manni,maybe you remember,i asked if i could have your seats. Dont need them now,i fitted a set of Fabia Monte Carlo seats in my Roomster a couple of weeks ago.Regards. attachicon.gif20150612_094030.jpgattachicon.gif2015-05-25 12.04.06.jpg

Hi,

Yeah, I remember that. Is that lining standard on Monte Carlo? Looks exactly same as in my Scout's seats.

Don't really know if it was standard fit in the very bent car they came out of. It was a 2011 Monte. The seats were mint, not a mark on them, and they were just down the road from me, so didn't have to go far,to get them.