Build Dates - October VRS order, Build Week 18

Anyone getting quoted ridiculous build weeks? Ordered our car the start of October and we're being quoted that the build week will be 18 (28th of April 2014). The dealer then went on to say it could be a further 3-4 weeks to build it plus 4 weeks after that for god knows what. That would put the car actually arriving at the dealers sometime in July! What does it take to get an honest dealer, they quoted at the very latest March for delivery. Infuriating! 

We've also had the spec changed as others have and they haven't guaranteed that the spec could change again before delivery.....

Lookers Stockport - shocking.

That's rather poor!  I ordered my vRS hatch in mid November aiming for a new March registration - had an email last week to say provisional build week mid Jan.  Did you spec with Adaptive Cruise or Front assist?  I know these have delayed orders/builds

Glad it's not just me.  I was told 16 weeks for delivery and last week got told build week 20 - that's 31 weeks, just to get it built.  No reason whatsoever given by skoda to the dealer. The dealer has been reasonably good about it but I think Skoda owes us at least an explanation.  For me it's not so much why the long wait, more why weren't we told about it at the point of order, and why the lottery on how long some people have to wait while others get theirs in 6 weeks flat.

That's rather poor!  I ordered my vRS hatch in mid November aiming for a new March registration - had an email last week to say provisional build week mid Jan.  Did you spec with Adaptive Cruise or Front assist?  I know these have delayed orders/builds

I did originally but got told that I can't have them. Spec list is quite high (everything but panoramic roof) but even so, 9 months is a long time to wait for a car. I feel a phone call to Skoda coming on...

I got news today (after not hearing anything for 4 weeks that I have a provisional build date on wk17!!! I only have cruise, sunset, spare and black pack as options on a white estate so thought it would be.a regular build, obviously not. Dealer knows no more about delays but did say build week can fluctuate, I just hope that is true but it doesn't go even later. So by my calcs it would be 28 weeks from order to receive the car, shocking!!!

provisional build week of 15 for me not a good place to be especially when the car was accepted by the factory on the 13th of October.

I know it can change but i wasn't expecting that, on a plus point they said they would loan me a car after i had been waiting 18 weeks so only 10 weeks to go for my loan car......

What date did you order Craig? This is looking like a joke. 29weeks+ is madness

Ordered end of wk45, was given end of Feb as delivery so of course didn't expect it before this date. Pretty happy to get a 14 plate but seems to be creeping towards a 64!!!

The dealer does say they don't know the reason for delays on vRS but is that really the truth? Might be as silly as build date is dependent on amount of each colour paint!

Just got to live in hope the build date comes forward but not sure the dealer will inform me based on last 4 weeks experience! A shame because customer service on my mk2 was excellent.

Guest Cossiecol

Ordered my hatch on 2nd of Nov, was advised at the time that it may be Jan/Feb, however I'm still waiting on a build date!

Only added Black pack and cruise wouldn't have thought it would delay things that much...guess I was wrong, still I'll be happy if I get a 14 plate.

I ordered my vRS TDI DSG Estate on 28 September and have been given build week 8.  I don't have an of the problematic options as far as I'm aware

Might hopefully end up sooner,ordered mine 26 sept have a build date of week 3, the only spec change for me is colour from grey to rally green and colour maxidot,should be available now for first of march,when i was hoping to change the mk2fl anyway,

Last Thursday I was BW8, today I'm BW18 too. Hope it will come back nearer to March as current FL is 3 then and PCP due to end.

(Hey Cortina63 we've got a '62 Consul Capri)

Edited by CJSVRS

Last Thursday I was BW8, today I'm BW18 too. Hope it will come back nearer to March as current FL is 3 then and PCP due to end.

(Hey Cortina63 we've got a '62 Consul Capri)

thats a rare machine,do you show it?

Edited by cortina63

SUK confirmed my order was on their system 3rd Sept, being quoted week 12 (provisional), thats 29 weeks to build date. Latest excuse is that due to me adding extra options this has increased the build time. I asked how can adding options too a car increase the build time on something that hadnt been allocated a build date, she could not answer and just explained that the VRS is a popular car.

Mmm ordered a very standard vrs tsi on 11th of October. Skoda say, week 21, I say stuff that and am buying the demo from bickerton in sheffield! Pick up Friday. Very excited.

Sensible move and if you managed some more discount even better!

Going to be an awful lot of dealers properly stuffed here. I'm thinking about the ones who have guaranteed trade in values based on 12 week turn arounds. This includes my dealer. I expect a courtesy car car if they want mine to tide me over, and not a titchy Roomster or Fabia. Otherwise it's cancelled. 

Ordered mine on the 18th October, so nine weeks so far. Not even remotely expecting mine mid Jan, mid Feb, mid whenever. Not a chance in hell. Nada. Zilch. Not heard a sausage since. No provisional No factory acceptance. Bugger all... I will be only pleasantly surprised if it pitches up on estimated delivery.

I am thinking that dealers might have the final say on this by telling Mlada Boleslav to get it's bloody act together as they are getting a lot of complaints from ****ed off customers.

Spoke to Skoda UK today, they have indicated build week 5 for my vrs estate - ordered 19th October. Hope that this is reasonably accurate......... :-)

When you say spoke to Skoda UK, is there a specific number? Just thought I'd try to find out more versus the wk18 bw given so far....

When you say spoke to Skoda UK, is there a specific number? Just thought I'd try to find out more versus the wk18 bw given so far....

I just used the customer service number on the website and quoted my SLI number - took a bit of time for them to call me back but they did and gave me the info. Hoping its accurate.