VRS - Octavia delivery times - :(

SSEL

Totally agree, I love my 2012 Octy VRS but this one increased the grin even more when i took it out. 

Hopefully the magic call will be this week then. Just frustrating when the dealer (who have been faultless since having a relationship with them) says they'll call. And they don't.

(oh. so that's what that feels like.........) ;-)

How are you all getting build week info ?

I Spoke to SUK this morning and was told the order is accepted but I wouldn't get a build week until at least mid April .... most of you have had build week (even if provisional) within a couple of weeks of ordering ....

Similar to 6xsteve:

I also ordered the standard issue Candy white Diesel estate VRS, I placed my order with the Lease company on the 13th September last year with basic cruise, black pack, sunset glass and a spare wheel.

Received an email from the dealer on Friday stating it was being built this week.

Similar to 6xsteve: I also ordered the standard issue Candy white Diesel estate VRS, I placed my order with the Lease company on the 13th September last year with basic cruise, black pack, sunset glass and a spare wheel. Received an email from the dealer on Friday stating it was being built this week.

I'd watch the spec it arrives with then. When I ordered mine in October and they told me it was being built in Jan they let slip that the spec in  March 2014 will change due to the lead times on parts and accessories which is more than likely the delay due to popularity. I was assured that the spec at time of ordering is the car i will get. Not what the factory have left in the parts bucket....

The dealer gave me my build week within four weeks of ordering!

Edited by 6xsteve

How are you all getting build week info ?

I Spoke to SUK this morning and was told the order is accepted but I wouldn't get a build week until at least mid April .... most of you have had build week (even if provisional) within a couple of weeks of ordering ....

I was left in the dark by my dealer regarding build week - the system used was not showing any details of my order. Didn't officially know if the factory had even accepted my order, which I placed at the end of October.

I knew it was going to be February at least before anything came through due to previous experience of build delays - first vRS took 4 months to arrive and second one took 5 months. Spoke to the dealers at the beginning of Jan for an update - nothing again was showing on the system.

Took the decision to phone SUK customer service to ask them for an update. I had to provide some details about me and the dealers that I had used. Was told that the system they used was the same as the dealers, but the kind operator had a look through the system and gave me a provisional build week 8 (16th Feb), but said that this could change and she suggested I telephoned again at the beginning of February to see if there was a status update.

I telephoned SUK again last Tuesday for an update, again I was told that there system was the same as the dealerships, I told them that the dealers had not received any updates. Was told they would go and check, couple of minutes later, I was informed that I was now on a confirmed build week 7 (this week)

I telephoned the dealers to update them - they had not received any updates from SUK regarding my order.

During the whole time I have been waiting for my new vRS the dealers have not once contacted me with an update - they haven't been getting any from SUK.

Perhaps Skoda UK is a victim of its own success and as a result the dealer network is suffering.

I'd watch the spec it arrives with then. When I ordered mine in October and they told me it was being built in Jan they let slip that the spec in March 2014 will change due to the lead times on parts and accessories which is more than likely the delay due to popularity. I was assured that the spec at time of ordering is the car i will get. Not what the factory have left in the parts bucket....

I'm not sure I understand.... Are you saying the spec of the car I ordered may not be the one that turns up?

I'm not sure I understand.... Are you saying the spec of the car I ordered may not be the one that turns up?

No not at all. But it was suggested that the new 2014 cars from March may not come with so much of the standard kit on them due to build costs and lead times.

I have a copy of the brochure from Oct last year just in case. I've read it elsewhere on here too.

No not at all. But it was suggested that the new 2014 cars from March may not come with so much of the standard kit on them due to build costs and lead times.

I have a copy of the brochure from Oct last year just in case. I've read it elsewhere on here too.

Ah, okay :-)

I've got my complete spec on my order form.

Ordered mine on 31st of August build date somewhen in March for poss delivery in April I hope 8 months wait is worth it !!!

What is your spec? I ordered at similar time, got all other options but not the ACC, FA & pan roof. Have received the car over 3 weeks now.

Ordered mine on 31st of August build date somewhen in March for poss delivery in April I hope 8 months wait is worth it !!!

I waited 13 months for my first Subaru, back when import quotas were severely restricted. Many people said that I was mad waiting so long, but I absolutely loved the car. Best car I had ever owned, until my 2nd JDM Subaru arrived. If you want something enough, it is worth waiting for.

Totally agree, I love my 2012 Octy VRS but this one increased the grin even more when i took it out. 

Hopefully the magic call will be this week then. Just frustrating when the dealer (who have been faultless since having a relationship with them) says they'll call. And they don't.

(oh. so that's what that feels like.........) ;-)

Just had the call. Friday I collect my new VRS!!!!!!

My spec is blue full leather front assist sunset glass spare wheel it's been so long I had think then ! At least this crap weather will be gone by the time it turns up !!

It is the FA that causing the delay.

I'd watch the spec it arrives with then. When I ordered mine in October and they told me it was being built in Jan they let slip that the spec in  March 2014 will change due to the lead times on parts and accessories which is more than likely the delay due to popularity. I was assured that the spec at time of ordering is the car i will get. Not what the factory have left in the parts bucket....

What are they dropping, if anything, from the standard equipment listed on the website in January ?

I presume I will get what was listed at the time of order ...

What are they dropping, if anything, from the standard equipment listed on the website in January ?

I presume I will get what was listed at the time of order ...

To be honest i'm not sure but from other threads on here people have suggested the lane assist and and AFS light assist may get dropped off. I can't see it somehow and just the optional extras (if anything) will be changed.

You get the car that you paid for and all new orders from March 1st will probably be restricted on their options.

I'll update tommorrow once I pick mine up!

That should be OK then.... TBH I am antsy as they can't/won't give me a build week, they must have some idea once the order is accepted, even if it may be subject to change in the case of parts shortages.

If they told me you will definitely get the car before X, that would be fine, its the uncertainty that is the killer.

I know what you mean.

I refer back to my post #74. Weeks with no communication and then they called the day after the car had arrived to ask when I can pick it up!!!! It's friday for mine now.

It'll all be worth it in the end......

Just joined up and then read this thread..

Ordered my Octavia VRS Estate in mid November, no build week from the Dealer after multiple chases.

The awkward thing is that my current lease vehicle goes back in early March (a fact that I highlighted to the Dealer when I placed then order), the Dealership assured me the new car would be here in plenty of time, which is looking VERY unlikely.

I contacted Skoda UK and they are currently "investigating" the situation, they have said build week 20 (provisionally) which would leave me without a car for over 2 months.

Not impressed.

Just joined up and then read this thread..

Ordered my Octavia VRS Estate in mid November, no build week from the Dealer after multiple chases.

The awkward thing is that my current lease vehicle goes back in early March (a fact that I highlighted to the Dealer when I placed then order), the Dealership assured me the new car would be here in plenty of time, which is looking VERY unlikely.

I contacted Skoda UK and they are currently "investigating" the situation, they have said build week 20 (provisionally) which would leave me without a car for over 2 months.

Not impressed.

I am in exactly the same position as you. I placed my order at the end of October, my current lease expires on 3rd March. I could in theory extend the existing lease, but I have no idea how long for. I spoke to Skoda UK this week, and was advised provisional build week of week 18.

They did however advise that if order to delivery takes longer than 18 weeks, the dealer should supply a loan vehicle. My dealer have indicated that they will do this, I am just trying to get something definite arranged...

I am in exactly the same position as you. I placed my order at the end of October, my current lease expires on 3rd March. I could in theory extend the existing lease, but I have no idea how long for. I spoke to Skoda UK this week, and was advised provisional build week of week 18.

They did however advise that if order to delivery takes longer than 18 weeks, the dealer should supply a loan vehicle. My dealer have indicated that they will do this, I am just trying to get something definite arranged...

Hi Matt, sorry to hear that you are in the same position, but it sounds positive that the dealer is going to help you out with a bridging-loan car :)

I'm happy to wait for the car, i'm very excited about the order and options, it's just the gap that I am going to be left with.

The dealers have said they don't have any vehicles they can lend me, which is why I contacted Skoda UK.

My current leasing company would only extend the lease if I ordered a new vehicle through them unfortunately.