VRS - Octavia delivery times - :(

SSEL

Hi all, 

New member, unfortunate circumstances. 

I ordered a VRS III Estate Diesel with a few options on the 1st of Nov 2013. Informed at the time at the the delivery date will be late December / early January. I waited patiently for a build week but heard nothing from the dealer. Started to chase on the 1st of December to be told after many calls that Skoda cannot build my car until the 16th week of 2014! 

Disappointed is an understatement. 

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues or if this is "normal" for Skoda?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by SSEL

Very much normal. Lead time at the mo on a VRS is 18 weeks so they shouldn't have said Dec/Jan in the first place. I think the dealers are just quoting standard lead time to get the orders in.

I ordered mine 17th August and picked it up on 27th November.

Edited by Dalelfc89

I am sure I would feel the same if I hadn't been told otherwise. Just need to make sure I wasn't being lied to. Felt a little like I had hammered them on the deal so hard they were looking for a way to pull out of it. 

Sounds about right. I ordered my vRS in early September with cruise as the only option. The dealer reckoned on about 3 months, but I had already read on this forum that vRS's were taking longer than that. In fairness to the dealer they kept pushing Skoda for a build date and in late November Skoda finally quoted week 2 in Feb. So I don't expect to see it until some time in March - 6 months from order to delivery not great but not far off what I was expecting. However, the PCP on my current Octavia finishes in early March and I am not going to pay the final figure, so it will be interesting to see how the dealer and VW finance sort that problem out.

It does wind me up that VW finance keep sending me letters reminding me that my current contract comes to an end soon and have I considered visiting my dealer to buy a new Skoda!

I am sure I would feel the same if I hadn't been told otherwise. Just need to make sure I wasn't being lied to. Felt a little like I had hammered them on the deal so hard they were looking for a way to pull out of it. 

You would never hammer them enough to make them pull out later.  They'd have just said no during the negotiations.

I ordered a white VRS estate tdi, no problem options on the 1st of December and have been told by the dealer early March. They have given me a guranteed price on a part ex so if it's late they will only lose out.

Most of us were told 12 weeks for our vRS  I think.... when we ordered them..

But most of us will be waiting 18-20 weeks from order to delivery..

My dealer told me on Saturday they have sold lots of Skoda's this  year ...

I'm almost at the end of my wait.. being built this week.. :happy:  It might leave the factory before Xmas

or it will wait till after,  before leaving for its trip to the dealer.. 

Most of us were told 12 weeks for our vRS  I think.... when we ordered them..

But most of us will be waiting 18-20 weeks from order to delivery..

My dealer told me on Saturday they have sold lots of Skoda's this  year ...

I'm almost at the end of my wait.. being built this week.. :happy:  It might leave the factory before Xmas

or it will wait till after,  before leaving for its trip to the dealer.. 

I was told 12 weeks for mine, it arrived after 9 :)

I was told 12 weeks for mine, it arrived after 9 :)

well you bought a Estate.. they started making them first... that why most of the dealers had vRS Estates as demo

Now they are selling them off..

Edited by baz555
  • Like 1

I spoke to SUK today, my provisional build week has gone from wk17 to wk13 since last weekend so here's to hoping it continues to come down. Still I'm with the 14 platers so in reality wouldn't want a build week much before wk4 to get this.

Still cannot believe why they can't be more accurate in this day and age!!

• Like 2

Still cannot believe why they can't be more accurate in this day and age!!

Must be the transporting across the big bit of water...it gets windy and boats get cancelled, nothing to do with an efficient factory building them. :wonder:

Ordered my VRs hatch 31st August, had a provisional BW49, fell off the system completely 3 weeks before it was due to be built :wall:

Now got a provisional (still!) BW3, so hopefully mid Feb delivery :sweat:

Ordered my VRs hatch 31st August, had a provisional BW49, fell off the system completely 3 weeks before it was due to be built :wall:

Now got a provisional (still!) BW3, so hopefully mid Feb delivery :sweat:

That's virtually the same as me, ordered 5th September, originally wk 48, then fell off the system but now been confirmed build week 2 - here's hoping!

That's virtually the same as me, ordered 5th September, originally wk 48, then fell off the system but now been confirmed build week 2 - here's hoping!

same ordered 3/9, provisional wk12

I think i know why, im the only person thats ordered the smokers pack  :think:

• Like 1