Blocked Air Vents?

Good morning all.

Firstly, Merry Christmas everyone!

Particularly at this time of year I notice how willingly my Felicia steams up (not helped by the bottle of water that was spilt and soaked into the rear bench!). The trouble I have is with clearing the screen with the fans. The passenger side clears much more readily than the passenger side.

I wondered if I have a blocked vent or if it is a flaw in design? Should it be the former issue is it possible to unblock the vent with ease?

Thanks all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Is there no drivers side?  :giggle:

:happy:    Do you loose coolant? Maybe a heater matrix leak. If so the inside of the screen may become greasy because coolant will be blown up on to it.

Do you get wet carpets? Maybe rain water leaking in, windscreen leaks are common.

• Like 1

I find mine demists best if the dial is set to demist plus face level rather than demsit plus floor. Close all the face level vents and all the warm air is directed at the screen.

Mine had a set of wind deflectors fitted to the top of all the door windows when I bought it so I also leave the rear door glass down a fraction of an inch. This draws the air through quicker but I've also noticed that when it's parked in the sun during cold, damp weather, the moisture escapes instead of condensing on the glass.

i think it's mainly an inherent design flaw more than anything, the vent in the top of the bonnet that feeds air into the heater core also allows rain water and condensation to pool up in the bottom of the heater box, i've started placing a cover over the bonnet vent on mine especially if it's going to be cold, nothing worse than having a windscreen that's frozen on the inside as well as the outside

• Like 1

Is there no drivers side? :giggle:

:happy: Do you loose coolant? Maybe a heater matrix leak. If so the inside of the screen may become greasy because coolant will be blown up on to it.

Do you get wet carpets? Maybe rain water leaking in, windscreen leaks are common.

Actually yes I am loosing coolant. I topped it up to above full (was filling in the dark) and two weeks later I'm below low level again. HG is fine and I can't see any leaks anywhere. Heater works fine and carpets are dry as far as I know.

Re. fan dial. My girlfriend pointed out last night that the demister logo is bigger on the dial selection with it going to face as well... simply clever Skoda.

What's a matrix do anyhow?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Heater matrix is a small radiator in the heater which is linked with the engine cooling system, air is drawn through it to create heat in the cabin. Most cars have this inside the car behind the dashboard so when it leaks it leaks on the carpet and requires the dashboard to be dismantled to replace it. The Favorit/Felicia heater is under the bonnet making matrix replacement easier and you don't get antifreeze soaked carpets if it leaks, great design. 

So you'd suggest mine might be at fault? Would that explain the odd running temperature I mentioned to you? 

Now where might I find one...... ah, I knew I'd kept a scrap Felicia outside the front door for a good reason,...! 

The vent for the screen is part off the heater channel where the vents are close vents and see if that works and clears screen its only the air con heater box and air channel in air con dash that can pop a rod off and have no heat on screen