Skoda Fabia mark 1 1.9TDi 100bhp Elegance Estate

RGKTSi

Just what O'll be looking for in about a month's time!

Shame you're the other end of the country!

I'd wish you good luck with the sale but I'm half hoping it'll still be around when I have the dosh...

Oh I miss my old Fabia!

Pete

Hi Pete

That is a shame.  But if it is still for sale then I am sure we can come to an arrangement.  Car hasn't sold yet but to be honest I have only advertised on Briskoda and word of mouth.

I have friends in the motor trade and traders that sell cars.  All have said that Ebay is my best bet so going on Ebay this weekend. :'(

Keep in touch though as and when cash allows.  I didn't really want to sell the car through Ebay, Piston Heads or Autotrader but I think I am going to have to.  I'd prefer it to go to a good home. :)

I think you are probably right robt100.  My Citigo Sport has now arrived and I don't want the 3rd car lying around for too long.  Will just get in the way, with my toy around I won't want to drive it although I will just to keep it running sweet. ;)

The tax was £120 LY.  CO2 I believe is 135 therefore the tax is now £125 for a year at current rates.

Technically still for sale although I have someone interested.

It also has the OEM rear spoiler, and a rear cup holder on the elegance models. Warning beep if your washer fluid was low, possibly seatbelt warning lights. Oh and squidgy arm rest pads on the doors! 

I loved my mk1 Elegance Combi! Mine was the 2.0 :) Good luck with the sale! 

You'll also notice on the early elegances the colour coded guttering on the roof! Those small touches really made the Fabia a well finished product in Elegance spec. 

Never knew the spoiler was a standard edition on the early models! :) 

• Like 2

Nope not yet I am sorry to say :'(

Not had one person come and look at it yet.  I like to see it gone as my Citigo Sport has now arrived.  Had a few people interested but for different reasons can't commit until something else happens first, selling another car or whatever. 

I shall probably end up doing the dreaded flea bay soon and see what happens on there.

I am sure you would love it. Although the 1.4 16v is a great engine and indeed matches the diesels bhp, if you haven't driven a TDI PD you really need to. Bit harsh and not as smooth as a CR but the torque is fantastic. Really comes in with a bang and you are away, so driveable. Great on fuel as well. Want more, try a VRS mark 1. Great car.

I have a college who is looking for an economic car, I will let him know about yours. I had a Fabia Estate from 35'000. to 168'000. They really are a great car.

I completely agree, used to drive a 1.4 tdi and loved the torque wave.

Never really considered a vrs yet I potentially want a pd100 estate as a family car as my fiance has a yaris as a work car (driving instructor) so if we need anything bigger it's left to mine!

It would also lower my tax and fuel costs as at the minute 20 pound of v power nitro gets me about 130 miles

When I put Shell normal or Nitro + diesel in the Fabia I usually put about £30 in it, no need to put more as we have 2 cars so chop and change between the 2.  Well at the moment I have 3 with what my Citigo Sport.

I get approx. 250 miles on £30.  But that is only because I am not running it longer distances, on a tank full, 45litres x say £1.41 = £63 filled.  On a long run on A roads or motorway I have had in excess of 700 miles out of a tank.

They really are very good indeed on fuel and no DPF to worry about which is a bonus on an older car. 

The estate is very useful, shame they never dropped the PD130 in as standard.  But you do really need to try a VRS though. 

I will have to at some point then!

And jesus 250m from 30 pounds is the stuff of dreams within mine!

I only get the 130 ish because I make sure I go the slightly longer way to work to make use of the dual carriageway otherwise it's 9mile each way so it saves stop starting at junctions.

And we'll there's a good home here waiting if you just can't bear to keep it anymore haha :D trying to sort my interior and lights at the minute both are black and refusing to clean!

• 4 weeks later...

Dear All

Car is still for sale, for different reasons potential purchasers have not been able to follow through in the time scale I would have liked.

Therefore car being readvertised.

Thanks for looking.