West Midlands Meet January

Gillywibble

turned up to this but was a bit disappointed , as there was no interest in the cars , me and danny p stayed out side talk skoda

There's more to meets than cars, it's a social thing  :)

well maybe its just me then , may be you should call the next one come dine with me and a menu instead of vcds

Sounds like you were maybe right not to go in, or maybe check that a meet will 'meet' you requirements to qualify as a meet

The East Midlands meet is also a 'social' event too

well the other "meets " ive been on we have at least chatted and looked around the cars and got to know who people are before we have gone to have a meal with them  , so may be we should change what they are called from now on either car meet or social

Oh well, you can't please everyone. The whole point of the mids meet has always been to meet up with a nice bunch of people and enjoy a good meal. The fact that we all have cars is pretty irrelevant really. Sorry that we haven't met your expectations but I'm afraid we're not a Paul Walker tribute group that obsesses over shiny engines. Everyone is more than welcome to join this particular meet but you just might find the lure of a nice carvery meal in a warm pub may be more appealing than looking under bonnets in the cold.

Oh well, you can't please everyone. The whole point of the mids meet has always been to meet up with a nice bunch of people and enjoy a good meal. The fact that we all have cars is pretty irrelevant really. Sorry that we haven't met your expectations but I'm afraid we're not a Paul Walker tribute group that obsesses over shiny engines. Everyone is more than welcome to join this particular meet but you just might find the lure of a nice carvery meal in a warm pub may be more appealing than looking under bonnets in the cold.

all I know

Not quite sure what this means but I'll assume you're disappointed.

In all seriousness Stig, it is regrettable that you didn't have a good time today and you may feel you have wasted an afternoon but you must remember that there is no specific criteria that a "meet" must meet. They are all different, which is a good thing as all people are different and enjoy different things. Some meets entail looking at cars, some will involve going for a nice drive somewhere and some, like today's will involve chatting inside a pub over a tasty meal.

Hopefully you can make the next one and enjoy it for what it is but if it's not for you then that's ok, it doesn't make you a bad person.

I mean all I know what to talk about is cars , it wasn't a waste of time for me as I said I was going to have a look to see if I could help danny p with his car

Sounds like an interesting meet, as it happens new nephew is being stubborn and not turned up yet so I could have come along.

Stig not sure what you would make to the North West meet I run. We've started going bowling and don't talk cars unless someone has an issue, plus its bad time of year to be stood outside talking cars

What happened to getting moved on and kicked off Maccys car parks for causing a public nuisance aye, bring back neons and burn outs!! Fight the power!! Thanks for your assistance today Stiggy, sorry i didn't get involved with the meal peeps I was busy worrying about the Octy.

• Like 1