Could be Bye to the go soon :(

Elegance75

today i went in to get my go looked at as i have the exhaust heat shield broken/torn from my car (not a warranty job but £180 to fix) pics up later, apparently my fault for going through all the puddles that we have recently, its not my fault is it, i haven't deliberately gone through them, have i got a case?

any way whilst i was there i thought i would pop in and have a look to see if they had a Rapid Spaceback, they had a white 1.2 TSI SE available, i had all ready enquired on-line for a 24h test drive, so once i sorted my insurance out as i am under 21 just be it in 2 months, although on there insurance you can have 4 hours, that's not long enough :)

i have some pics of the car.

20140103_135035_zpskdim3icu.jpg

20140103_135040_zpsw6ysgvcm.jpg

20140103_135044_zpsl4j5kmbj.jpg

20140103_135025_zps0tqd0jeh.jpg

20140103_135019_zpsaptfxgcq.jpg

I especially like the Style Pack (black bits and Roof) :) 

Nice looker.

Whats the ride like compared to the Citigo?

Have a look at my recent post in which I said I'd had one as a loan car and thought the thing was dreadful on account of the interior noises (not engine related but booming/resonance).

Roomy enough...but a lot lower than my Yeti, of course...and a huge boot.  but felt cheap, in my view.

Whilst a loan car was appreciated and whilst the thing was, I'm sure, economical I was SO,SO pleased to give it back to them.  Can sincerely say I wouldn't touch one a with a proverbial barge pole.

Yeah that's the difference between the Yeti & Rapid, the difference between the go and Rapid is the other way round.

ride wise on the 15 on the Rapid to the 14 on the go the suspension and ride on the Rapid is better and feels more 'planted'

Interior is ok, better than the go, but fairly hard plastic on the top of the dashboard lets the side down but for the price?

I do think though the style pack makes it look more both desirable and expensive looking.

I just drove 1.2TSI Spaceback today. It was very nice. A lot of power compared to Citigo. Roomy as well. Interior finishing was good too. Handling was exellent. A very modern car I would say. Good value for money. As Skoda often is.

Just had a look at one of these at my local dealers, it was up for about 17k! Is that right? The dash did seem a bit cheap IMO for a 17k car. My view is that 17k could buy you a hell of a lot of a beemer.

Just had a look at one of these at my local dealers, it was up for about 17k! Is that right? The dash did seem a bit cheap IMO for a 17k car. My view is that 17k could buy you a hell of a lot of a beemer.

Yes that's right.

It's effectively a Fabia with a bit more rear leg room.

Dealers do have some room for haggling.

I had the Rapid with the boot and it was fine, but it feels a bit like a new design reusing all the Fabia tech and bits it can.

Option list is not that different from the current Fabia, which considering that's nearly four years old is a bit poor IMO.

It's clearly designed not to steal Octavia sales.

They do look good, but 17k!?! With no soft touch dash?

At that price you are coming up against nearly new golfs and 1 series and then IMO its no competition.

How about the Fiesta ST?  That is also £17K and has been getting rave reviews.

I'm pretty sure that VAG says what kind of Skoda's dash needs to be. For sure it's not allowed to be as pretty as Audi's for example. It's the VAG concept, they offer same product in different packages.

In that case vag have cost themselves a lot of sales. If a sub 10k fabia can have a soft touch dash then why can't a 17k car?

They know the risk. They trust that those who don't like the texture of a dash will buy another model (Octavia, Superb), or another VAG product (VW Jetta).

I didn't actually try how soft the Rapid's dash is, but I'm pretty sure it is soft. It only looks like something else.

It's a big risk though as the jetta also has a cheap dash and a shame as its such a good looking car. Either drop the price by 5k or give it the dash it deserves.

I've had a look in the dealers other day and the dash is of the same quality as a citigo.

I tried Citigo's dash today, first time ever. It was hard. I wouldn't want soft dash in it, especially if it's worth of 5k!  :giggle:  I rather take less expensive car with hard dash.

These modern cars are equipped with airbags, where do we need soft dash anyway.