Goodbye Citigo Sport...

VRSD30

Yes I've done the whole grille thing twice. Wrapped the chrome to black and then remove grille a second time and fitted new chrome one :(

Have a look in the tech section and you'll see how to do it. Not a pleasant job but fitting is far easier than removal.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No easy task for the new one, I'm off back up to Scotland at the weekend with a mate and my two dogs, hope it's up for it! Be run in in no time lol although driving at fast constant speeds may have a detrimental effect on the running in of the engine?!

Edited by VRSD30

Well here it is... The drive is very much identical to the sport, feels light on it's feet and seems to respond better to throttle inputs, however that might just in my head! lol The speedo is HUGE! (no rev counter & the fuel gauge is digital.

citigos_zpsa9678a0a.jpg

citigos1_zpsb5dd16dd.jpg

citigos2_zpsd10bc6c6.jpg

citigos3_zpsfa0ea3be.jpg

citigos5_zpsfce404c0.jpg

Edited by VRSD30
  • Like 2

The PID doesn't show the current live fuel usage or distance to empty, is that because the S model hasn't got some of the sensors to display them?

Edited by VRSD30

Side view looks great, would be more than happy with one of these.  As already mentioned, had a fun 24 hours in an S spec, just as much fun and of course cheaper to buy, no brainer!

Enjoy the new car.

• Like 1

One thing I have noticed is how much quitter this one is, much less engine/transmission noises and no buzzing or rattling when accelerating. The clutch and gear shift feels much more solid, odd. Makes me wonder if there was a problem with the other one.

Yes he thought it was cool, and theres another one hiding in the boot as well! :)

Edited by VRSD30

I have had another look at your pictures of both Cars and at the risk of upsetting all sport owners your car looks really good with out all the sports trims . I will get a tin helmet for the comments coming my way lol

Ps sorry about double post above

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I suppose the stripped down S model has it's own charms :) Every bit a good a car as the sport to drive albeit with a less stiff suspension setup which is noticeable on some sharp corners, just gotta get used to the lack of toys - wind down windows and manual door locks! lol

Got my Mtec DRL's fitted just waiting for the Osram night breakers to arrive (hopefully today) :)

Damo, please can you update the owners register with new motor? Thanks you.

Edited by VRSD30

Went out on a random drive today, 50-60mph on A roads and a 15 minute stint down the M6 70-75mph, not bad returns considering it's got only 240 miles clocked up, the fuel gauge is sitting between half and three quarters (240 miles) since I brimmed it on Tuesday.

citigo99_zpsb0a4ed3a.jpg

Falling in love with my little S, it's no Sport but has it's own way of charming :) lol Can't help but notice how much nippier it feels and the digital fuel I gauge like better than other dial with needle, lets see if this one drops dramatically once it's gone below 1/2 tank.

Edited by VRSD30

I'm thinking of keeping it black, it's kinda grew on me. I think it would look odd especially with the black mirrors/door handles. Might look into getting these bits colour coded and then change the grille, maybe even add a rear spoiler - Better start saving some pennies :D

Edited by VRSD30