Goodbye Citigo Sport...

VRSD30

Tempting as that might be, I thought you'd dropped to the base model to save money!

By the time you've done, you may as well have kept the Sport.

Enjoy it as it is, its fine

• Like 1

281 miles into the first brimmed tank of juice and the gauge is only down to half a tank! maybe this digital gauge is going to be even more inaccurate... interesting to see how many miles I'm gonna get from a full tank. 

citigo6_zps08ae5864.jpg

Edited by VRSD30

One thing I have noticed is how much quitter this one is, much less engine/transmission noises and no buzzing or rattling when accelerating. The clutch and gear shift feels much more solid, odd. Makes me wonder if there was a problem with the other one.

This is interesting..

From what im reading, pretty much all the noise is from the transmission.

Mine particularly suffers from the rattles/shunts and epic clutch release squeal over 4k..  :(

If I release the clutch too fast/hard then there is a noise from the engine bay, probably the clutch engaging - not as loud as the sport, it didn't really bother me as everything worked fine as it should. No loud squeal when changing gear at high revs on this one either.

Overall this one is a lot quieter all round but by no means silent! 

Edited by VRSD30

No no no VRSD30, leave them alone :giggle:

I don't think they will fit as different size from the picture IMO

Anyway, your wheels look better, they look larger because of the wheel trims going to the edge of the rim to which they are held.  Tyre looks lower profile.

I haven't seen a basic Mii S on the road, I thought they were steelies for winter tyres :rofl:

You need to find something else to modify.

• Like 1

LOL forgot that I'm not meant to be messing with it...

Both the Citigo and the Mii have 14'' rims and the same tyre size on the basic model, so I think they'll fit. Might pop into my local Seat dealer to get a price or take them off a Mii if they have one and see how they look. 

Edited by VRSD30

The only reason for going into a Seat garage is when one is putting down a deposit for a spanking new Leon Cupra R, ohh yes. 276 bhp. Can't see the appeal otherwise. Nope I agree with stormchaser, leave well alone.

• Like 2

Just not a fan of the silver plastic wheel covers, I am going to try them and see how they look, if they look dreadful i'll put the silver ones back on! :D think the Mii would look better with the all black steel wheels with the centre cap. 

Breath taking artwork here...

mii_zps21bea5df.jpg

Edited by VRSD30
  • Like 2

Had it just over a week now and getting used to it (lack of toys & different steering wheel etc) covered 450 miles. Apart from the common noises supposedly due to lack of sound proofing it's a great little car, still an enjoyable set of wheels even is 'S' trim. It'll be wearing a set of winter tyres next week ahead of my trip up to Scotland - Vredestein Snowtrac 3. 

I am sure the wheels will be the same on the Mii and the Citigo. I would go with those black centre caps too for a black look. Cheap way of doing it and suit the simplicity. The car looks good! I have seen a few after-market multispoke type black wheel trims about but I don't know who is selling them. Andy.

• Like 1

Re. all the noises: the courtesy SE 4 door I had for a day was a lot quieter than my Sport; esp the wheel arch noise; I guessed that extra doors gave some damping? However I conclude that all of them are noisy little bu**ers! This makes you think they must be trash - but then they all drive SO well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've ordered a set of the black Seat Mii hubcaps so I'll see how they look when they arrive - I've taken all the wheel trims off, hate the silver plastic wheel look & I think it makes the Citigo look soft with them on and I'd much rather keep it simple with the black & red colour scheme all round. Black wing mirrors, door handles and wheels with the red body!

The hub nuts on the front axles have gone rusty this probably because it's been sitting around at the dealers since October, should I spray them with WD40 or maybe even get some of that rust remover that you paint on, like this - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_188249_langId_-1_categoryId_165594

Edited by VRSD30

• 2 weeks later...