Skoda VRS Paint Enhancement Detail

butler2.8i

8 hours for me is a smidge over one quarter of £400.  Perhaps I have less overheads to cover.  Not sure - but it makes me sound cheap!

No comment!

Or from Butler 2.8i

When I was raising money for 'World Challenge', I charged £150 for this enhancement detail

It typically took up to 8 hours...One car (MX5) took me 2 days......a curry and a few pints that cost!! LOL

Polishing paintwork is very time consuming...I know it was dirt cheap compared to what the pros charge

Matt @ Magic Detail in Altrincham, charges £250 onwards for a basic enhancement detail

Charges are usually car dependant

Depends what you class as an enhancement and what is done as to cost.

Seeing as he has to pay insurance, unit etc then yes his costs will be higher than someone doing it on the drive with no insurance.

But always nice to see a car so well presented.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice detail there - great results by Shaun; and i like the overall product selection used.  :thumbup:

I think i have seen some of Shaun's work posted on other forums such as VAGowners.co.uk etc?

Keep up the good work!  :rock:

Hi all,

This is my lovely car and was detailed by Shaun before my wedding last year. As we were using this as the wedding car the only stipulation from the wife was that it had to have clean sills, and with Shaun's attention to detail there wasn't a spec of dirt to be seen anywhere!

As soon as I walked into the workshop (very professional and clean looking place by the way!) to collect the car on the morning of the wedding I was struck by just how much newer the car looked. As mandp said, I was terrified to take it outside as the roads were slightly damp and would have chucked crud up the side and rear of the car - not what I'd want on the wedding pics! Thankfully the products that Shaun used allowed most of the muck to bead straight off and anything left once I arrived at the destination simply ran off when water was applied with no washing required. While the women at the wedding commented on the wifes dress, the men were all commenting on how great the car looked :) 

I'll upload a pic of the car at the wedding when I get home :)

After the wedding we jetted off on our honeymoon so it was really nice to return to the car and it still be clean inside and out despite driving Middlesbrough / Manchester and back twice. 

I'm very OCD about cleaning my car and won't let anyone else touch it, but Shaun shares my OCD when it comes to cars (hope he won't mind me saying so!) so I felt the car was in safe hands.  

Thanks Mike, looking forward to your car coming in for a protection top up and wheels to be powder coated and ceramic sealed

Inevitable

BUT

You missed a hyphen out ;)  :giggle:

I thought you had left Facebook Steve

I cant find you anymore

...or is it my settings that have gone silly?

Any ideas Steve?...I'm not into these Settings things in Fatface

• 3 weeks later...

So the car is in beginning of March for a detail and wheel refurb. I'll post up some after pics (and before's if I can be bothered as it's pretty grimey). The wife also decided to puke in the passenger seat foot well, using the excuse of pregnancy :wonder:   but thankfully I've cleaned that up  :rofl: