Car booked in for its 4 year "Nearly everything" !

ChrisRs

No...I wont go outside Skoda thanks

I know they cost more, but if something goes wrong, there is a loyalty scheme from Dealers and SUK themselves...out of the Warranty

Drive a Citroen , you might as well go Chevy,

You know nothing about cars and reliabllity till they bite you in the ass.

Good luck

Edited by damo
Abusive language removed

I don't know what your problem is Czechsmasher. Chris is just saying he would prefer to go to a main dealer. I dont blame him if his is anything like mine. Pop in got an issue make you feel at home with nothing to worry about. I had a Peugeot 406 coupe before the Octy VRS never let me down in 4.5 years. Only once went to Peugeot and that was for tracking as they had the latest BT super tracker equipment. Also if something does go wrong in X number of years Skoda might be more willing to assist.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

My problem IS.

Paying through the nose for some smiley idiot to tell you what's not due on your car..
If you don't know the service schedule get one and don't let them screw you.
Fed up dealing with service advisors who wouldn't know how to switch their lights on their own car let alone tell you your brake fluid is due one year early
How hard can this be? Where do these service advisors come from?
Perfect example of someone who doesn't know what they are doing telling someone who cares for their car to do something not required because the computer says so and they do not p have a clue but they they think they have the attitutude to carry it somehow. Astonishing bull which needs the responding attitude as they shouldn't be allowed anywhere your car which you care and protect. I lay down the gauntlet and all Skoda dealers in Scotland please respond to this comment. Main reason my wife has bypassed Skoda (3 cars) to go to Audi. bad service, only after their own pockets

Edited by damo
Bad language removed

By the sounds of it you have had bad dealings with your local dealers. I got my VRS from Stoke 70miles away from me. A few days after having it I noticed the wind noise in the rear along with the PCV issue. Rang the dealer in Stoke told to take it back for them to sort. So rang local dealer who took for a test drive and agreed rear quarter light glass needed adjustment. Plus put car on VCDS to see about the PCV. Bearing in mind this was the Monday before Xmas they fitted me in. Best thing was they never charged me and advised me on how to sort both the issues. So just goes to prove that there are good service advisors and dealers out there

I don't know what your problem is Czechsmasher. Chris is just saying he would prefer to go to a main dealer. I dont blame him if his is anything like mine. Pop in got an issue make you feel at home with nothing to worry about. I had a Peugeot 406 coupe before the Octy VRS never let me down in 4.5 years. Only once went to Peugeot and that was for tracking as they had the latest BT super tracker equipment. Also if something does go wrong in X number of years Skoda might be more willing to assist. Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I had a pug 309 gtd for 3 yrs with 168000 miles on the clock inherited by my father in law. Skoda really don't care. Once they were ago head of their time, the new octy 3 is overpriced with a salesman so smarmy I would like to kick the ingrams Ayr boss a too, playing on his daddy's success. Going to a main dealer is like a spider to a web. Your going for comfort, paying for reassurance in your mind but being shafted up the ass and if your stupid enough you will pay them for the experience. I took my car in several times for genuine faults which they couldn't find. Stevie Wonder Skoda Services are either brain dead stupid or cannot be able to deal with customer problems. This is why is would not let a dealership near my car ever. This is not the experience of one dealership but 3. Go Indy. Save yourself money and be sure the job is done properly. Most Indys are ex vag/Audi employees anyway the dealer principle treats them. Wouldn't you rather have someone who cares for your car other than the owners holiday fund???

Edited by damo
Bad language removed

Ouch I think you have been really let down by your local dealers. Obviously they dont care about reputation which is most important nowadays when people are much more careful with their money. I can now see why you use an Indy over a main dealer. But for me the cost isnt that much different.

Ouch I think you have been really let down by your local dealers. Obviously they dont care about reputation which is most important nowadays when people are much more careful with their money. I can now see why you use an Indy over a main dealer. But for me the cost isnt that much different. Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to be aggressive but it hacks me off when I have to live with faults ( auto lights flickering and seat bolsters and drivers electric panel being blown clean right out the housing after the wind hitting it after being reported to ingrams with no faults found. Waste of time and effort, they don't deserve any future business as they dont listen. Deans, Henry's just as bad. Sorry Skoda but wife's company car will go elsewhere despite me carrying the baton for Skoda. How many sales are lost this way CEO Skoda ?

I don't believe it!!

I go out for the evening and come back to be confronted by a locked thread because of an idiot!!

Many thanks for initially locking the thread Tom

I trust he has been dealt with in the appropriate manner

Edit:

Thanks Damo and Tom :rock:

• Like 1

Sorry missed a 0 (was on phone make that £21000 !! :wall:  .I never used disposable nappies, diapers is american, imagine if Henry the 8th put nappies on Elizabeth the 1st they would still be in landfill now as they don't rot . Use a terry nappy much more green, and saves a fortune, I once had 32 women watch me fold one on my daughter at a playgroup as they had never seen one folded/put on a baby 

Perhaps I should ask Mothercare for the price of a Service Alan :giggle:  :giggle:

IF any thread is closed by staff, it is NOT to be reopened.

Please refer to post in Freedom.

From Damo: "You can re-open it now if you want."

So I did

Yep, I take responsibility for not informing the other moderators of what was said via PM

Apologies to all

Damo

• Like 1

When I looked at this thread last pearl and dean were on, so looks like I missed the 'x' rated bit. I had a ticket to watch Walt Disney too......I must have got the wrong screen. where's the usherette