Polish in stone chips

eddy field

Picture here of me filling stone chips on my 24 month old Honda with a Red crayon/chipstick

P1010001.jpg

Masking them was my only option...I had to get rid!!

Unbelievably..I counted 200+ chips afer 30 months ownership

Dreadful paint!!

Make sure you clean the chips out well with no more than 20% IPA to water...an old tooth brush is ideal...dont brush too hard

Then rub the wax stick into the chip and wipe over with a cloth to remove excess

Then seal the area with a good clear sealer or wax..DONT use a polish with fillers (AGSRP for example) or youre back to square one

Good luck

Picture here of me filling stone chips on my 24 month old Honda

Good luck

Narrow escape for me then as I was considering one of these when I got my 1st Octy. Seems I made the right choice for reasons based on what I thought on my test drive and at least one I wasn't even aware of!

The car was great TBH..but the paintwork was really terrible..so thin and soft..Horrendous!!

The real achilles heel of the brand IMO

I dont think its changed either on the now new models..Ill never buy a Honda again..JUST for that reason

The paintwork was one of the things that put me off, plus a salesman that dispite a test drive didn't seem to want to be bothered selling me a car. The thing that finally decided it was there was a new red civic in the showroom waiting to be picked up by the new owner and the orange peel on it was terrible. It was at the time when they were about to change to the new model and had an offer on the old one so don't know if the poor paint was due in part to this or not. Either way they lost the sale.

I too had a black Honda civic type s it was terrible for paint chips I also used a wax crayon type chip stick which worked quite well, only problem was I knew it was there and it drove me crazy!

No doubt about Honda paint being soft, when I part ex'd it was covered in stone chips.

whilst were on the subject - any suggestion for chips in Honda's alabaster silver paint before I go mad with the touch up brush???

Picture here of me filling stone chips on my 24 month old Honda with a Red crayon/chipstick

P1010001.jpg

Masking them was my only option...I had to get rid!!

Unbelievably..I counted 200+ chips afer 30 months ownership

Dreadful paint!!

Make sure you clean the chips out well with no more than 20% IPA to water...an old tooth brush is ideal...dont brush too hard

Then rub the wax stick into the chip and wipe over with a cloth to remove excess

Then seal the area with a good clear sealer or wax..DONT use a polish with fillers (AGSRP for example) or youre back to square one

Good luck

Christ almighty. Thats a lot of chips.

How close to the gritter did you have to be to get those mate? Haha.

Dont use a brush....Use a cocktail stick OR a pin to drop paint into the chip

OK will give that a whirl (need to clean them up first and get the surface rust off / treated with Kurust).