December orders club! pull up a chair, we could be here a while

Hi, order mine 20th December, blue estate, petrol, manual, canton, few others. Mine has apparently arrived in the UK but failed a quality inspection prior to delivery to dealer?

Allegedly a fault with the steering wheel which has affected a couple of cars, and I'm told not likely to be a quick fix. So close but yet so far. Been offered another car but sadly it doesn't fit the bill. Guess it is looking like a 64 plate for me now.

I think they felt the difference in spec was worth it, offered car was sunroof and nav which I didn't order, but was missing the canton which would be a shame and crucially missing rear airbags which for me is a must have. So they reckon the offered car is worth £900 more. I'd love the sunroof but the basic nav is neither here nor there for me.

The car is here!!!! woo hoo! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Piccies to follow!

So after waiting for just over 7 months I finally have my hands on my VRS TDI Combi. Car looks and feels excellent. Certainly a high probability of me collecting a few points on my license with the acceleration :devil:  :devil:  :devil:. And after putting only 15miles on the clock its now parked at the airport for a few days whilst I away with work.  

Ordered 18th December - Delivered 29th July

• 2 weeks later...

The car is here!!!! woo hoo! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Piccies to follow!

So after waiting for just over 7 months I finally have my hands on my VRS TDI Combi. Car looks and feels excellent. Certainly a high probability of me collecting a few points on my license with the acceleration :devil:  :devil:  :devil:. And after putting only 15miles on the clock its now parked at the airport for a few days whilst I away with work.  

Ordered 18th December - Delivered 29th July

I obviously got over excited... car is now back in the dealership being fixed with EMU and Glow Plug lights on the dash board.  

Lease company seem to think the Kia bleurgh is a "like for like" car

I

Lease company seem to think the Kia bleurgh is a "like for like" car

Ha ha... Kia... like for like... that's funny!

Kia's are turds on wheels, and that's being polite.

Getting rid of mine after 10 months for the vRS was the best move I've made in years!

Got my Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.4 TSI DSG today. Was lucky to get one that was already in production. Waiting time, 3 weeks. 

It look good and feels good.

2qid26w.jpg

Edited by cyfer

Ha ha... Kia... like for like... that's funny!

Kia's are turds on wheels, and that's being polite.

Getting rid of mine after 10 months for the vRS was the best move I've made in years!

Hang on there Nokiebear...I've been driving a Kia for that last 3 and a half years and I think your comment is just insulting!!

I'm sure there are turds out there that are as bad as a Kia but don't insult them all :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well after waiting almost 9, yes nine months! I'm picking my Vrs TDi up on Monday 1st September! I was quoted a wait of 20 weeks (5months) when I ordered.

I've been so close to cancelling during the process, just hope that it's worth it when I finally get to drive it?!

Ordered my metal grey petrol VRS estate at the end of January - built in week 29, and its now been delivered to the dealers. Picking up on the 5th Sept with a 64 plate. Happy days. I will at least stop googling metal grey Octavia RS/VRS every other day!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My order April order has a build date of week 35 so mid-September for me.

Mine has left the factory and will be on the boat soon.

VRS TDI Combi

Race Blue

Black Pack

Sunset Glass

19" Extreme Alloys

iphone connector

Amundsen Sat Nav

Spare Wheel

Cruise Control

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a thread resurrection, picking my vRS up tomorrow, ordered 20th December, after numerous setbacks, issues, etc. the dealership has finally got it. They've been pretty good with compensation, hire car, 'free' extras so it does soften the blow a bit. I'm sure I'll be more excited tomorrow, feel a bit jaded by the whole thing at the mo.

Bit of a thread resurrection, picking my vRS up tomorrow, ordered 20th December, after numerous setbacks, issues, etc. the dealership has finally got it. They've been pretty good with compensation, hire car, 'free' extras so it does soften the blow a bit. I'm sure I'll be more excited tomorrow, feel a bit jaded by the whole thing at the mo.

TBH this is quite unbeleivable, I thought my 7 months was bad enough just picked up yesterday, but 9 months and so many changes.......Not good

What free extras did u get?

Boot mat kit thingy, roof rack, mud flaps, full tank of fuel, life shine and some comp from customer services. I wasn't expecting anything as I've had an new Octy as a hire car for 8 weeks so fairly pleased, but the wait is pretty ridiculous