phone problem

PAJ1

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen

I have a black 2008 Superb Elegance 2.0 litre / 170 HP diesel automatic which was the local dealer's demonstrator for the then-new model, so it has everything fitted except television.  It is a fabulous car, probably the best out of the (maybe) 70 I have ever had.  Only less than 43,000 miles on it.

Just before Christmas the engine management and pre-heater lights came on and "take to workshop" message came up on the maxi-dot. 

I took it into a local garage which is tied to a taxi firm here in north Liverpool, said to be the biggest taxi operator in Europe, and most of the cars are Skoda Octavias and Superbs, so they have all the equipment and experience that a main dealer should have.

Fault was the throttle-valve seal leaking.  The repair seems fine but..........

the recent destination list disappeared from the sat-nav (but system working ok and building memory list again)     and

the 'phone memory and most of the menus for it have gone and that is the problem.  Only "Connect" and "Search" initial one coming up on the maxi-dot.

My 'phone is a Samsung Galaxy SII (GT-19100).  It still shows that it is paired with SKODA_rSAP and the car's maxi-dot shows that it is paired to the Galaxy.  Device Search always discovers the phone and I can unpair the car from the 'phone and re-discover and pair up with the car.  I have tried to delete the phone from the car but the various menus have disappeared.  The speed dial pre-sets, logs and phone book have also gone.  SOS available via car's SIM.

I have taken the car back to the garage and the foreman mechanic spent a lot of time with me trying to sort this out.  He told me that the battery was never disconnected (and the radio retains all its pre-sets) and we tried re-setting the phone from the steering wheel and set up menus to no avail.  He did disconnect the battery to see if the system would re-boot and we were able to connect momentarily several times and the numbers dialled and incoming from another mobile registered in the logs and have stayed, but the connection broke each time after a few rings.

I have searched the forum as best I can (spent hours and found out lots of interesting things) but cannot find about my problem.

Here is the plate fixed to the top of the module, located under the driver's seat.   Please, can anyone help me?   Thanks in advance.    Phil Jones.

**!*!!!!   Unable to fix photo here.......it is on the page until I press submit.  I hope I have attached it!   Nope.....it is 2.65 MB.  Happy to email to anyone who can help me.  My email addy is [email protected].

Edited by PAJ1

Hi I had a similar problem connecting my samsung galaxy note 3 and removing my bricked blackberry which is now encrypted as a security measure.

A quick reset to factory settings for the telephone settings via the Columbus, and the pairing the new galaxy note 3 with superb's key in the ignition solved my connection issues. It may work for you to.

I will check later today but think it is found via the Columbus unit by the following button presses:

Phone > Settings > factory reset.

Having had a play with the unit today it is:

setup > telephone > scroll down to factory restore factory settings.

See below screen shots ...

post-94186-0-01711600-1389553494_thumb.jpg

post-94186-0-07627600-1389553530_thumb.jpg

Hi pmk76

Thanks for the time taken and apologies for not getting back to you sooner.  I appreciate the attached thumbnails.

Slight difference on my Columbus in third button down on right is marked "Traffic" rather the "TMC".  I wonder if this means a different head unit?

Gone into setup and telephone but only have three choices: update phone book, delete call lists and speed dial.  The other two are not there at all (not even greyed out).

I did a full factory reset of everything but it did not clear the phone.  Funny, I mentioned that I was able to get connection sometimes; I took the battery out and gave it an overnight charge just in case I could trigger some kind of reboot.  Now the phone connects up every time but stays linked for only about a minute and it is only during that brief time that I can get anything on the telephone menu - if not connected then the three menus are greyed out and revert to grey when the connection dies each time.

Do you think a lump hammer would help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry for late reply....been moving house.

Yeah lump hammer always handy!

I wish I had one this morning: my volume control was not functioning and Columbus was lagging by about 30 secs.

All well now - phew ( it sorted itself out).

Hope you are able to resolve your issue.

Edited by pmk76

You can unpair any phone, but I think it needs to be connected before the option to unpair is available, unless you reset to factory settings. Although the latter option does not appear to be available on your unit from what you have said.

I don't know if it is possible to disable rsap and connect via hfp - beyond my knowledge if it is possible.

I'm on my second Samsung and I can't find any option or section for RSAP in settings. When it connects to the car Bluetooth it just connects automatically via RSAP and a message appears in the drop down phone menu that I have connected via RSAP.

There are some Bluetooth modules that let you switch between handsfree and RSAP via the maxidot. My original 3C8 035 730A didn't but my new 3C8 035 730D does

I've never thought to try and disconnect from the phone and switch to handsfree as I'm quite happy with RSAP. I'll give it a go later.

I'd be getting the fault codes read with VCDS, it sounds like someone has been fiddling with the coding and messed up the Bluetooth module under the drivers seat. Don't forget the Bluetooth is not part of the Columbus, the Columbus is just an external display.

I had a problem with mine in the old Superb MK2 and it would only show the phone menu properly on the Maxidot when turning on the ignition, but not starting the car. After starting the car the phone menu would disappear, but the phone continued to work properly.

• 5 weeks later...

I belive this is what is getting shown on the screen.

I am having the same problem with mine. Samsung note 3, identifies the phone, connects for about 15 seconds then drops it. Went into the setup>phone and nothing about factory reset at all. Just 3 grey bars.worth disconnecting battery for 10 minutes? Anything you have to do when reconnecting?

Posted Image

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sorted the problem with getting the Samsung note 3 connection. Downloaded the rsap app from the play store for £7.49 and connected straight away and have full functionality of the unit now.

Hi Dougie,

It mentioned having to possibly root the phone, but I I didn't need to.

Certain phones need to be done. I was on android 4.3, and it let me through.

Dave

Sorted the problem with getting the Samsung note 3 connection. Downloaded the rsap app from the play store for £7.49 and connected straight away and have full functionality of the unit now.Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Strange you needed an app to do this. I have a Note 3 and have had no problems connecting via RSAP.