thinking of selling my vrs and getting an 07 slk 350..any thoughts?

mickvrs1

I've got some cash to spare and wondering if i should sell my vrs and buy an 07 merc slk 350..any thoughts?? not sure whether to keep vrs and upgrade suspension to bilstein b12 and other mods,or move on..??

Absolutely cracking engine in that Merc, however, a few questions:

Are you a man or a lady?

If a man, are you losing your hair or recently turned 40 (or both)?

Preston, Lancashire or Preston, California?

I think we should be told, everything is contextual you see...

• Like 1

lol..i am a man,44 years old and live in preston lancashire..but still got my own hair thankfully. i have heard that these are seen as a womens car,but at 3.5 litres and 272bhp i would say maybe not this one..? like your point though lol.

lol..i am a man,44 years old and live in preston lancashire..but still got my own hair thankfully. i have heard that these are seen as a womens car,but at 3.5 litres and 272bhp i would say maybe not this one..? like your point though lol.

Ah, the Ribble Riviera, the way the sunlight dapples the yachts in the marina, the balmy tropical breezes with the faint tang of soot, errrr, I mean salt, the quaint cobbled streets and bistro culture, you're not just buying a car, you're buying a dream!

Cracking engine though grommit...

Boxster S runs rings round it for cornering and mighty close on outright performance, get used to spending twice to three times as much on fuel and other running costs, SLK much cheaper to maintain due to front engine and parts costs. Tiptronics give trouble on both and can be horrifically expensive to repair.

Edit: You'll have to ditch the rally jacket as well.

Edited by sepulchrave

Guest BigJase88

My girlfriend loves SLK's that says it all to me

:o

Get something a bit more butch

What about a bmw z4 3.0l si?

Or even a z4m?

Id even drive them :)

Edited by BigJase88

As well as the VRS I have a Boxster S and a 230 SLK - the slk is crap in the wet and no comparision to the handling of the boxster - repairs are certainly more expensive that the VRS but that goes with the territory - if you buy a decent one you'll more than likely get your money back anyway so give it a go.

If you can afford it then do it. You only live once. Me and my brother use to drive cheap Honda civic for years. Then one day he just thought I.ll. treat my self and now he has a e55 amg. Won't be long before I get a mercedes clk.

Thanks for all your feedback guys,I'm guna shop around for a boxster s in the next few months,as it will out perform the slk, as it's mainly about the handling for me,as the slk is prob front heavy..off to the nurburgring again in june so should be fun in the porsche,  

My girlfriend loves SLK's that says it all to me

:o

Get something a bit more butch

What about a bmw z4 3.0l si?

Or even a z4m?

Id even drive them :)

A bit more butch?

Well, let's see, how's about a TVR for starters (never had an unreliable one)

Sublime engine?

That will be your Honda S2000 roadster. Not enough torque? There's plenty of supercharged ones out there.

Panzer tank build quality? I give you the Mercedes R129 series SL, a nice SL320 would be in budget. And depreciation-free.

Or, classic-wise, a Mercedes R107 420SL (Bobby Ewing minus the gas-guzzling), and depreciation-free also.