Tomorrow's the day!

Allicia8

YAY! Picking the car up tomorrow morning...I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! :rofl:

Tomorrow afternoon will be mainly spent fiddling with bulbs and sitting on the drive playing with the PID!  Looking forward to the weekend when I can go on a nice long jaunt.

16 weeks and 2 days after order, been a long wait, so glad it's over!

• Like 1

Enjoy, I collected my Sport just over a week ago, still grinning.  :happy:

I have had VCDS out and enabled auto lock/unlock, wife likes this function with the kids etc.

Comfort flashes from 3 to 5. 3 is never enough when you overtake.

I know there are others, must read that post Damo made again.

Sort of sorted out the PID, need to set up my new phone, just got an S4 Mini and I have a funny feeling it is not going to work :think:

I need to order up some MTEC DRL bulbs, are they the only ones you are changing or are you changing the headlight and indicator bulbs as well?

• Like 1

I have arranged to collect mine on Saturday as it was a bit late coming off the transporter so is booked in for its PDI on Friday.

I mentioned this forum to my salesperson and he said I could send them all the VCDS/VAGCOM codes I wanted and they will put them in for me on Friday during the PDI :happy:

Edited by 59Hopper
  • Like 3

Enjoy.

shame all Skoda dealers are not as co-operative as yours?

Well they have been really helpful to be honest and also seemed quite surprised that you could get larger car features like cornering fogs, auto locking etc. to work on a Citigo.

They said they would be more than happy to give it a go for me, think I must've been the first person to mention it who's ordered a Citigo from them.

They are going to attempt the following for me as I couldn't see anything else I wanted;

• Auto Locking/Unlock
  • Coming Home Lights
  • Cornering fog lights + With Indicator
  • Parking lights
  • Tear wipe.
Edited by 59Hopper

I was told at my friendly dealer that there VAS machine can't do certain things like vcds does.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

I will have to keep my fingers crossed then, however they haven't said no yet so I guess they like a challenge haha

I will be sure to report back on Saturday once they have had some fun playing with the computer, may be useful for other members in the Norfolk Area (I know there's quite a few on here)

• Like 1

I will have to play VCDS more.  Only sorted out auto lock/unlock and comfort indicators from 3 to 5 flashes.  I need to enable more I think, don't know why I completely forgot about cornering foglights, just enabled that on my wife's Octavia FL, great function and really useful.

Enjoy, I collected my Sport just over a week ago, still grinning.  :happy:

I have had VCDS out and enabled auto lock/unlock, wife likes this function with the kids etc.

Comfort flashes from 3 to 5. 3 is never enough when you overtake.

I know there are others, must read that post Damo made again.

Sort of sorted out the PID, need to set up my new phone, just got an S4 Mini and I have a funny feeling it is not going to work :think:

I need to order up some MTEC DRL bulbs, are they the only ones you are changing or are you changing the headlight and indicator bulbs as well?

Thanks!  I asked about VCDS stuff and was told that the lock/unlock, tear wipe and single/double remote press are all standard and cornering fogs are only available at the factory... hmmm :think:    I will check the aforementioned and may end up checking the VCDS map!

I'm changing the DRL's for MTEC's and the headlights for Osram Nightbreakers.  I may end up changing the indicators and fogs but they aren't a priority at the moment.

Sorry, sorry, been playing in the garage cooing over my new baby :love:  

I haven't taken any pictures I'm afraid as it was :rain: all day and the car is now filthy - despite the mudflaps it has a very dirty bottom - already!

Super pleased with the car, drives lovely and yes, great fun even if I've got to be gentle with her for a bit!

Only peeve was those codes the dealer said were 'standard' are not.  There is no single door unlock, no tear wipe and no auto safety lock.  I will be checking the VCDS code map soon or does changing anything invalidate your warranty?  And somebody put my boot liner in the wrong way - duh! 

When I get my camera out I must take a picture of the rear door sill protectors - they are hilarious - has anybody else got them?  They are the black 'step' style.  The fronts look great, just as you'd expect them to look but the rears... :giggle:

Didn't do the bulbs today, too busy driving and attempting to fit the Krypton Factor of Car Seats (yes, I think it should be an official title)  Will schedule for the weekend I think.  Tomorrow is suss out the PID day!

Congrats, odd about what they couldn't enable....my dealer managed to enable tear wipe, and safety lock (locks over 9mph and unlocks when you remove the key) however they couldn't do the cornering lights etc....

I am in Surrey Allicia8. If you can't find anyone closer I'll do the adjustments to the coding for you. My Sport came with single door unlock from the factory. This weekend I am going to code the cornering fog lights. May have a look at the tear drop wipe. Not sure I want the cornering fog lights with indicators, what does everybody else think about this function?

I don't think it invalidates your warranty. If you do a full scan before the adjustments you can always copy back the standard coding and no one is any the wiser. Also VCDS runs in stealth mode so no one will know who has done it. And if the Skoda garage can't do the changes looks like they can't find where the codings are anyway.

I have spoken to Skoda UK on this issue and they say that coding the options may be possible. However they are not UK spec and therfore should not be done?

Thank you RGKTSi, I will let you know.  There is a local garage here that seems to always have VW's on the ramp so I'll check with them too.  I'm not too sure on the cornering fogs with indicators either, just sounds odd but will be interesting to hear what others think. 

Thank you RGKTSi, I will let you know.  There is a local garage here that seems to always have VW's on the ramp so I'll check with them too.  I'm not too sure on the cornering fogs with indicators either, just sounds odd but will be interesting to hear what others think. 

I currently have the cornering fog function on my Ibiza that I am going to be trading in.

The indicator fogs are useful when approaching a junction as the fog light comes on as you indicate, so it lights up the junction before you turn in.

However I have noticed that they only come on with indicator when below a certain speed (around 20mph), not sure if this is the same on the Citigo but will have to test when I get it coded hopefully.

Edited by 59Hopper

Hi All,

I am picking up my car tomorrow lunchtime.

My dealership has been looking at the codes I sent them and have been trying to do them this afternoon and sadly they can only turn on the autolocking on their standard dealership software, they definitely had a good go though, even got the master techie to have a look :(

I will be looking on the VCDS map next week me thinks...