Octavia MK1 VRS tailgate trim

Hi,

Am having a bit of a headache with the inner tailgate trim on my Octavia. A short while ago I ordered a used one of line, got the metal clips and I thought that would be it, but the tailgate trim that was sent to me has the part no: 1U6 867 607A but seems to have too many clips for the tailgate of my car. The tailgate on my car has 4 mounting points across the top whereas the trim has 6 mounting lugs across the top. I did some checking on line and found that there is another tailgate trim for my car?? part number 1U 867 605F. Can someone please tell me the difference between the two parts and which is the right one for my car, Reg: M80 VRS. Hope someone can help

If the lugs don;t line up with holes then nowt you can do but if there's just additional ones then surely you can just cut the ones off that don;t line up, pop the quick clips on and bang it into position?

Where are the 2 missing points on the new liner compared to the tailgate?

There is 2 mounting points that are almost hidden by the wiper motor in the middle, almost missed this when I first removed the panel to change the number plate bulbs!!

Hi all,

Sorry for not replying sooner, what I did was compare the number of those white plastic grommets on the tailgate to the the amount of standoffs on the trim and across the wiper motor end there are only 4 of these plastic grommets but on the tailgate trim there are 6 standoffs, 4 of these do line up. There are also signs of that some sort of clips were in place on the edge of the tail gate at the wiper motor end as I can see marks on the metal but I don't know what the hell they are....I am totally miffed. I agree the trim I require is 1U6867605F as mentioned the one I have is exactly the same part number but ends with A not F.

It's possible that a couple of the clips are just missing? if the trim was removed before and the owner at the time couldnt get it back on, might binned a couple of the clips.

to be fair, first time putting mine back on was painful... until i climbed into the boot and closed the hatch. much easier that way!

Anyone any idea how much they are new? Mine has a couple of broken clips and rattles like mad

Quick clips cost next to nothing, you just need to get the size right. Search on ebay for quick clips and you should find them- they're used on almost everything

• Like 1

if it's the top trim they'll look like springy hoops- they slide into the trim- you'll see a couple of slots in the trim they slide into- they go in any way round. Check the roof itself for the holes they will clip into- the old clips might still be in. Use some long nose pliers and just pull them out then pair up the trim and they'll pop into the holes. SOmetimes you need to give them a bang with your palm for them to pop in properly but only do this when they're properly lined up. Once you've got them in just make sure the door seal is over the trim, if it's under it'll bring water in, if it's over it;ll seal correctly

Spent a few frustrating hours trying to put the inner boot trim back today, is there a specific way to put the metal clips in properly?

best method ive devised -

take out parcel shelf

sit in boot with liner roughly where it will be when the hatch is closed

closed down the hatch until its nearly closed.

Start at the top, each side of the washer arm, and just go by feel and what you can see until they pop into place.

the rest should then line up easily enough, then just push them all into place

• Like 1

The clips should have a serated part on one side of the clip which goes onto the tailgate side - as its metal, they bite into it, then as you line up the trim, you give it a sharp thump downwards with your hand over each clip and they should hold. if they dont, give them a sqeeze with a pair of pliers till they hold.

This sounds easy, but in reality its a real pain, patience and doing it with the gate down is easier but not easy. From one who has done this, I feel your pain. :)

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Randomly opened boot last night and the trim just fell off.... Nothing broken all clips present, but OH MY GOD! What a pain in the hole to get back on, I am left with 2 of the centre clips not on which isn't ideal but having to feed the pull cord through each time before attempting again and again and again, I am leaving it for now as is. 

Randomly opened boot last night and the trim just fell off.... Nothing broken all clips present, but OH MY GOD! What a pain in the hole to get back on, I am left with 2 of the centre clips not on which isn't ideal but having to feed the pull cord through each time before attempting again and again and again, I am leaving it for now as is.

[emoji57] you need three hands. Try hooking it onto the clips with the handle pulled through, then just try and line it up and whack it where the push in plastic bits are, finally whack it home on the metal clips. Good luck.