Fitting a honda S2000 air filter

Kyle_vrs

Got a red one from ecp today b'cos of this thread!Currently £12.90. Bargain! You guys should be on commission! Ha. Quick question about the vac pipe. Is there a way of removing it from the top of the airbox, without taking to it with a blade? In case I want to go back to the stock setup!

Hi mate, I think what your asking is can you remove the vac pipe from the air filter lid without breaking it or cutting it? If that is what your asking the answer is yes because I did! I cant remember 100% the configuration however I believe its just a case of pulling it off of a lip inside the box. Can you (carefully so as not to contaminate the internal part of the vac pipe) lubricate it and pull it out? Or If that's not relevant I seem to recall prizing it off with a very small flat bladed screw driver.. I hope this has helped I'm sorry if not but I've slept since I fitted mine! It can be done though.

I would also recommend sourcing a piece of rubber pipe to extend the standard vac pipe so you don't end up stretching the standard one to fit it into the s2000 cone! Hope you crack it mate its worth doing!

Cam

Edited by Edition no.295
  • Like 1

Cheers cam, yes that's exactly what I was trying to say!ha. I managed to yank the VAC pipe off earlier, but noticed the VAC pipe is indeed too short. So its back to stock until I find me some pipe to extend the bugger. Please feel free to share your solutions. I'll have a look on ebay. See what I can find. Cheers again.

Forgot to ask. Does everyone remove the stock air box fully (top and bottom halves?). I removed the top half to mine and tried to sit the cone filter on top of the lower half of the stock box. But i couldn't get the bonnet to close. Cone filters huge!

cheapest place to get a blue 1? and linkys guys?

There's some on eBay but they're white and blue but this is the one I'd go for

F72A57A2-3EE0-48F1-9BBF-6347A10E0B1B_zps

It needs a cosworth badge fitting after :D

• Like 1

Forgot to ask. Does everyone remove the stock air box fully (top and bottom halves?). I removed the top half to mine and tried to sit the cone filter on top of the lower half of the stock box. But i couldn't get the bonnet to close. Cone filters huge!

Yes you need to fully remove it. There's only a 10mm bolt holding the lower part in
  • Like 1

Quick update. The filters up and running on mine now. Took the whole airbox out and drilled a hole on the side of the filter for the VAC pipe. Jobs a good'un. Sounds awesome when you come off the gas. Thanks for your help guys.

Edited by munstaar

Quick update. The filters up and running on mine now. Took the whole airbox out and drilled a hole on the side of the filter for the VAC pipe. Jobs a good'un. Sounds awesome when you come off the gas. Thanks for your help guys.

Glad to hear you're happy with it. Get some pics up :)

Good to hear you got it cracked munstaar, did you manage to fit the pipe without extending it?

Have you also got a 'mufflerectomy'? As said above pictures would be great!

Question folks, how do I attach pictures to a message such as this?

Good to hear you got it cracked munstaar, did you manage to fit the pipe without extending it?

Sign up to photo bucket and upload the pictures to there and then copy and paste the img code. Sounds hard but once you've done it it's really easy

Yep. I ended up just unclipping the VAC pipe from all the clips, and straightened it. More than enough length on it then.

No mufflerectomy on mine "yet". Will upload pics later tonight.

Yep. I ended up just unclipping the VAC pipe from all the clips, and straightened it. More than enough length on it then.

No mufflerectomy on mine "yet". Will upload pics later tonight.

Get that back box off! It's awesome! Haha

Sign up to photo bucket and upload the pictures to there and then copy and paste the img code. Sounds hard but once you've done it it's really easy

Cheers dude, will sort that out! Read your build thread, good stuff on there chap!

Going with a fellow fabia vRS friend tomorrow to get his mufflerectomy done :D

There's mine. Noticed coolant temp runs a little higher in and around town. Approx 10-15°C higher. Anything to worry about?

Nah I wouldn't worry about it mate, mine was running well hot last week on the way out of brum stuck in traffic but cooled down straight away as soon as the fan kicked it.

There's mine. Noticed coolant temp runs a little higher in and around town. Approx 10-15°C higher. Anything to worry about?

Fitting a air filter shouldn't make it run hotter at all, probably just coincidence. How's it been since?
  • Like 1

Fitting a air filter shouldn't make it run hotter at all, probably just coincidence. How's it been since?

Generally running fine. But noticed when in traffic etc, its slightly hotter than usual. But then could just be the weather? Not sure. Also I run the torque app on most journeys to work and back. And on average I hit 100bhp at 3k revs while normal driving, going motorway etc. Since filter change I've only managed 80-85bhp at 3k revs. Again, maybe coincidental, and I'm driving softer. But worth keeping an eye on I guess.

A lot of extra heat soak due to it taking in the hot air in the engine bay, I was looking at this mod for my furby but decided not to because I do a lot of driving around town and don't want anymore heat soak

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd give y'all an update - I took the filter off on Monday, and went back to stock setup - and the difference is clear as night & day!! Car is so much more responsive in lower revs than with the honda filter on (which felt laggy-er(?)). Did my usual run up to work & would you know it - it hit 100+bhp at ~3k revs just like it used to before the filter was put on (been getting 80Bhp with the s2000 filter on, these past few weeks).

Maybe you need supporting mods to get the best out of the honda filter?  I'm sticking to the standard airbox & filter. 

Thought I'd give y'all an update - I took the filter off on Monday, and went back to stock setup - and the difference is clear as night & day!! Car is so much more responsive in lower revs than with the honda filter on (which felt laggy-er(?)). Did my usual run up to work & would you know it - it hit 100+bhp at ~3k revs just like it used to before the filter was put on (been getting 80Bhp with the s2000 filter on, these past few weeks).

Maybe you need supporting mods to get the best out of the honda filter? I'm sticking to the standard airbox & filter.

are you running a standard map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just fit a tiny vac filter.  Merc have them.  called a micro filter.    i have 1 on my SE..   will take a pic of the actual thing next time i goto car.

heres a google pic for now...

costs about £1.60 and is perfect fit for vac line. 

WP_20131125_008_2_zps26479b0d.jpg