So I got me a new VRS

After Turbo failure of my MK1 L&K which is now a repair project, I managed to talk SWMBO into letting me but a new MKII TDi VRS... here is the spec

5 door diesel estate (2007) Black Magic Pearl Effect ,

half leather vrs sport seats,

84,500 miles,

xenon headlights,

headlight washers,

auto dimming rear mirror,

electric heated side mirrors,

dual climate control,

skoda nexus sat nav,

maxidot,

cruise control,

electric windows front and rear,

aux in point,

reversing sensor,

auto wipers,

18 inch zenith alloys,

6 stack CD player (boot mounted),

sunset tinted glass,

full size spare tyre.

Parrot CK 3100 Bluetooth,

mounted Rosen DVD player and 2x wireless headphones.

God it looks good on the drive! Pics to follow!

• Like 2

Looks nice!

My L&K reg. plate starts KU07, it was a Skoda UK managers car for the first 9 months.

KU is Northamptonshire - which Skoda HQ Milton Keynes falls into.

Oh right, this was bought by previous owner from a dealer near Yeovil, not a million miles away from Northamptonshire?

I would have gone for an L&K again if one was available, but the lowly VRS will do!

Love Black Magic - was the colour of my pre-FL hatch.

But when it gets dirty - it made me cry :(

That'll be every time you drove it off the driveway then!

Good choice on model and colour! Looks like a fantastic spec too. Enjoy.

Looks nice!

My L&K reg. plate starts KU07, it was a Skoda UK managers car for the first 9 months.

they'll tell you it was an ex skoda uk managers car but i'll bet it was a hire car  :angel:  :angel:

• Like 1

they'll tell you it was an ex skoda uk managers car but i'll bet it was a hire car :angel::angel:

Amazing how there's always someone who takes pleasure in sh i tting on someone else's strawberries :(

• Like 1

**** on Strawberries? I prefer Cream and sugar!

Mods... Columbus, Heated seats, detachable tow bar, but thats all for now. I 'modded' the L&K, popped the turbo and sucked the life blood out of the engine 2 weeks later. So SWMBO is threatening divorce if i play mechanically. Oh actually sod it might as well play then!

Seriously, maybe I will, but just want to enjoy this for now and fix and flog the L&K. Its too nice to scrap, other than a FUBAR turbo.

Anyone got any discreet mod ideas? I like elegant, not boy racer.

Anyone got any discreet mod ideas? I like elegant, not boy racer.

Remap, coilovers, leather trim, Columbus, Golf MkV GTi flat bottom steering wheel, front and rear ARBs, Dectane LED rear lights, gold TD Pro Race 1.2 alloys, JPS decals, rear tints, LED interior lighting

Discreet is my middle name

I see myself more as an old rocker than a boy racer :)

Looks nice!

My Superb is a KU plate too, 1st registered keeper is Skoda UK, not a leasing company & the Sat Nav destinations list shows a few locations in & around Milton Keynes, it's former home in Cheshire, a few posh hotels & golf courses.

Don't think it's been a daily rental somehow........

Enjoy your black magic vRS, I liked mine enough to buy another Skoda!

DC

they'll tell you it was an ex skoda uk managers car but i'll bet it was a hire car  :angel:  :angel:

Correct, I was sold had a " Skoda Octavia managers car," which in fact was a leased car from a company in Leicester .

Congrats :)

Like Brimma said, enjoy it! It's rear to find xenon headlights on a tdi vrs. Any mods to come? :D

Is it really that rare to find a TDI VRS with that spec? I must be lucky then :devil:

Nice mods IMO would be led / smd light upgrade, I've just replaced my standard Xenon with 6000k bulbs, all interior bulbs replaced and sidelights.

I think changing to the new badges front and rear inc wheels would look good.

Maybe do gunmetal grey on the wheels?

• 2 weeks later...

they'll tell you it was an ex skoda uk managers car but i'll bet it was a hire car :angel::angel:

Nope mine was ex-Skoda for 8 months and was registered KU 07 EPL so Ithink it is correct.