Yeti Radio

dfps

Hi,

I am going to have to disconnect the battery on my 2012 yeti ( Bolero unit )

I do not have any codes for the radio.

1. Will the radio lock itself it I disconnect the battery  or does it have an internal limited time span battery inside to avoid this happening ?

2. Is there anywhere in the vehicle that would show the radio code ?

3. If I do lose the code when I disconnect what do I have to do to regain the code. ( Is it a main stealer job ? and if so what do they charge ? )

Thanks

All codes should be remembered, however make sure to start the car with the radio switched off and leave it for 30 seconds or so once you have reconnected the battery, if you try and switch the radio on after the battery has been reconnected but before the ignition has been started you might find that the radio goes in to safe mode and you will not be able to use it for half an hour or so.

Some dealers write the radio code in the handbook, but it is not good practice because 99% of people keep the handbook in the car.

• Like 1

I'm sure we were told a while ago that the radio isn't coded as such, but there is a coding link between the radio and the ECU, and as long as the two are still connected then they will "talk" to each other.

• Like 2

Thanks Guys

Was thining of upgrading to a second hand Columbus but this may be a problem if it needs to be coded to the car's ECU ?

or is there a way around that that someone on here has already overcome ?

Thanks

Edited by dfps

1. No

2. No

3. Nothing. It won't happen.

The dealer can extract the Bolero code for about £25. Then you can sell that on.

The Cumbus should come with a code so you can fit it yourself. Only needs a quick VCDS change to get all the functions working correctly.

I know you are probably genuine; but the way your thread had now developed sounds highly suspicious. Sorry; but true.

Why does it?

The OP sounds like he is asking a perfectly reasonable question to me, and even Graham is apparently not suspicious.

Why question dfps - do you think he is a troll or has acquired a "dubious history" unit to retrofit?