Windows opening "automatically"

I came out this morning to find that all the electric windows had opened half way during the night.  I did a 200 mile round trip yesterday in the torrential rain and wondered if anyone else has had the same problem?  I am aware that holding the key open button will open all the windows, and no, I didn't do that as the car was still deadlocked this morning.   It's the 1st time the car has done it and I would imagine it will be difficult for the dealers to locate a fault like this.

Anyone had the same fault and also thoughts on how to dry the seats out......

Wife had similar problem with our (previous) 2003 Fabia.

Left car in car park & returned to find front windows open and doors ( non-c/l) unlocked.

Local dealers fixed it, at a price.

Caused by water in the 'elephant's trunk' carrying wires from A post to door.

Occasional spraying with GT85 put a stop to that nonsense.

It was still raining last night when I got back and I had the keys in my hand as the front door key is on the same ring.  The keys were hung up and not touched 'till this morning

Caused by water in the 'elephant's trunk' carrying wires from A post to door.

Drivers' or passenger door?

Hi, couple of years ago some idiot smashed the front passenger window with a bottle (they kindly left it inside the car but anyway..) it rained that night so obviously the seat was completely wet. To dry it I've used one of those vacuum cleaners that can deal with liquids. it absorbed most of the water that was in it. Then I've tried with an hair dryer but there's no chance, it would take too long so I just left it to dry by itself. If it's too ruined (cause sometimes the sponge inside starts to break apart when it gets real wet and then dries out) you can check out this website (carsparefinder) to try and find a cheap replacement?

Hope it helps :)

Interesting to read this! I took delivery of my Fabia Monte Carlo Tech on Friday 20th December. Went out on the evening of Monday 23rd with some friends and it was lashing it down with rain. (Car stayed on the drive all the time with keys in the house.) Came back on the Tuesday morning to discover both front windows (the only electric ones) down and the car soaked inside. Hadn't moved the keys (or had them close enough to the car) since locking it previously.

That said, it hasn't done it since.

• 8 months later...

It's happened to me 3 times since January. First couple of times it happened, there had been torrential downpour. The 3rd time it was dry! It is very worrying, luckily for me, it's always happened when on my drive and not parked up out somewhere. Think the last time, I might have sat on my key in the house and they may have opened because of that.

You can see my post from 27th January above. I've not had the problem since that first incident but, blow me, really stormy last night and came out this morning. Both windows fully down and the car soaked inside. No opportunity for keys to have been pressed. They were sat inside all the time.

Sat on three towels driving to work this morning and still have a wet backside!

This has happened to me twice a couple of years ago in the vrs

Both times in windy,rainy weather

Swapped key fobs over and put the original in me locker at work out of range of the car

Been ok since but the weather is definately a factor IMO

Just to answer a couple of questions. Mk2 1.6TDi Monte Carlo Tech Estate. December 2013 registered. Driveway is on an angle so car is always parked 'nose-down' so to speak... whether that has any bearing on it?! Just seems strange to be so intermittent.... literally nine months apart. Windows not slightly down, fully down! Last night was certainly stormy but we've had plenty of of wet/windy nights since last December!

It's going into Simpsons for its 1st service shortly so will highlight this forum topic with them and see if they've come across anything similar!

Sorry to read this as wet seats and carpets are bad news, especially this time of year.

Best solution is probably to get your dealer to deactivate the auto windows function if he can until the electrical problem can be found.

Hope you soon get sorted.

Harry

Edited by horkin