central dashboard switch dummy cover part no.

emix2001

hi friends,

I have an after market anti theft system mounted. They used a false switch cover (below climatronic) to put the status led. The matter is that perhps they have damaged the plastic clips to make the hole, so this damned piece of plastic is unstable. I cannot find the replacement, because on partsbase the picture seems to indicate a cover that replaces All the missing switches in a piece, not the single ones. But my car has the traction control switch than several plastic dummy cover, not a single one. Any help?

Sorry for late answer, Isupposed the forum should notify of new content but it wasn't. Yes, the picture was that one on car parts, but it seems that cover....covers all the buttons at the same time, not each one by one, perhaps it is addressed to some versions without any real switches, but I have the tcs one and several singular dummy cover.

Edited by emix2001

Buongiorno emix2001

I also have placed an LED (Battery Monitor) in a similar position to your LED. If done carefully, it will look like it was part of the factory installation!

When I installed it I found that the switch blanks are single, not as is shown in the diagram in this thread. Removing the blanks is fairly simple and I have produced a PDF file that shows procedure. LINK

To remove the switch blanks you must also remove the bezel around the radio (LINK to PDF that shows how to remove the radio including the instructions for the bezel), and you may find it useful to remove the small storage compartment below the switches as this gives access to additional wiring etc. Just lift out the rubber mat in the compartment, remove two small Tork (T20) screws and lift the compartment, forward and out.

All this and much more will you will find it in the “Yeti Technical Guides” LINK section where there is a mine of information for Yeti owners.

Hope this helps………..Tony

With grateful thanks to Tim (TP – The Plumber) & John (Speedsport) for their knowledge and assistance when I originally did this project back in April 2011

post-62225-0-84254100-1391349877_thumb.jpg

First of all.....Wow.....the guide is really impressive, should I decide to take care by myself that's fantastic. I can only imagine that the plastic clips have loosened a bit so the cover moves up and down (only if you go through). My plan was to wait till the service interval (the repair shop- an official dealer- is quite far from home or work).then go there with the replacement part and ask them to swap. Perhaps not cheaper but cheapest in terms of time waste and avoid quarelling. It's an hard time for customers here in Italy for minor issues. Dealers are always in hurry etc.

• 6 years later...

Can the outer two buttons be removed? 

I want to wire a 3 position switch next to my other ones. As I have all the oem switches in place it looks like a great place to add another. 

20201127_215209.jpg