Any improvements in 2011 Yetis compared to 2010 ?

muddyboots

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if any small changes / tweaks / improvements were made to Yetis reg'd in 2011, compared to those from 2010 ?

Specifically the CR170 model.

Looks like either 2010 or maybe 2011 cars will fall in budget (private sale), so was wondering are there any other advantages to buying a 2011 car besides being slightly newer...

Thanks!

Not sure of the exact timeframes but the suspension changes were done around then and also the trim removal and downgrading started during 2011 iirc - carpet removed from boot sides, underbonnet plastic enclosures replaced with fabric for battery, rr underbody sump protection changed from steel to plastic.

MY11 cars built from summer 2010 got Bluetooth audio.

MY12 cars built from summer 2011 got folding mirrors but lost auto dimming wing mirrors.

Thanks. Didn't realise the earlier ones didn't have foldy mirrors, assumed they were standard from the start. Not that it's a dealbreaker though.

Interesting about the bluetooth, that's something that would be of use to me (I presume this adds the ability to stream music from a bluetooth source such as a smartphone).

When I was looking for my current Focus, I made extensive use of the Ford ETIS website - you could pop a reg number in from a car you'd seen advertised, and it would tell you the complete list of options it was built with. Half the time the sellers didn't know what features were present, so it was really handy.

Shame there isn't anything similar for VAG group cars available to the public (unless there is one that I don't know about??)

May 2010 - CEGA 2.0TDI CR (170) engine replaced by CFJA 2.0TDI CR (170)

Any idea what the differences are between CEGA and CFJA engines ?

EDIT: Found this thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/149093-yeti-170-cr-engine-code/

(But at the time no-one seemed to have a CFJA engine)

Edited by muddyboots

MY12 cars built from summer 2011 got folding mirrors but lost auto dimming wing mirrors.

Both our March 2012 Elegances have a dimming driver door mirror.

Was this added back as part of the electric seat pack?

That depends on what specification the model is. I think that might only apply to the top-of-the -range, Elegance level.