How is this possible..........

looking into new foglights as one of mine has been destroyed by a stone. Skoda parts say I need this:

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-fog-lamp-vrs-left-2004-2012-28718

2004-2012

On their website I found this:

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-fog-light-vrs---scout-right-2009-2013-50665

2009-2013

How is it possible that a part for the 2004> car can fit up to 2012 but the 2009-2013 part wont. Or are they BS'ing because the one stated to fit the earlier car is more expensive?

They look like two completely different units and not knowing your vehicle specifics...

I would remove old unit and use the part number to order correct item or you can then give that to a breaker for even less expense.

Only the small end piece of the grill which pulls straight out although you may have to lever the top and bottom a little as it has small clip tabs to secure it in place and then a couple of screws to undo the fog light assembly.

Part number should be moulded on.

I wished they would do the facelifted LED type ones for the non facelift cars.. I would like to fit something to my 07 VRS and use the DRL, i know its possible to use this function with standard fogs but would rather have the LED look.. anyone know if you can buy such a thing?

I wished they would do the facelifted LED type ones for the non facelift cars.. I would like to fit something to my 07 VRS and use the DRL, i know its possible to use this function with standard fogs but would rather have the LED look.. anyone know if you can buy such a thing?

You could just replace the bulbs with some LED H1 bulbs, just make sure they are very slim as the hole to insert the bulb is a very thin rectangular hole no bigger than the standard bulb.

You could just replace the bulbs with some LED H1 bulbs, just make sure they are very slim as the hole to insert the bulb is a very thin rectangular hole no bigger than the standard bulb.

Thought about doing that, but its not the look im after, i like the 4 cree sort of LEDs that the originals have.. never mind...

the led bulbs you can buy with "SMD" type led's will be very dim and usless for road use. 

Cree's would be better if they made any but it would be so much better to have the led units I was thinking of to be able to fit the pre facelift cars. 

Im going to get a normal oem unit and some philips crystal vision h1's (same as my main beam)

So explain to me how the new Fabia has fogs with LEDs in them and they seem bright enough to me.. they are surely the cree type, and if they are anything like my LED lenser torch that has 1 cree led in it then i would say they are plenty bright enough, 260 lumens of light from 1 bulb!!

Perfect example of what i mean, this is what I would like for my car

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-Facelift-09-12-RS-SCOUT-LED-fogdaylight-set-from-the-Fabia-II-RS-model

So explain to me how the new Fabia has fogs with LEDs in them and they seem bright enough to me.. they are surely the cree type, and if they are anything like my LED lenser torch that has 1 cree led in it then i would say they are plenty bright enough, 260 lumens of light from 1 bulb!!

Perfect example of what i mean, this is what I would like for my car

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-Facelift-09-12-RS-SCOUT-LED-fogdaylight-set-from-the-Fabia-II-RS-model

Look, I meant those H1 cree bulbs, not factory designed complete fogs. Still not sure those at superskoda are OEM part.

been looking at how the fog housing actualy comes out.

Only way I can see it being removed is to get to it from behind via the wheel arch, is this correct?

none of the guides I can find are for the pre facelift vrs

The one screw is an adjuster to move the light, fairly sure to take it out involves either under the bumper or bumper off

This cover...

1Z0807367A.jpg

Seems its been broken for a while looking at your last post...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/282567-fog-light-protector/

IMAG0080_zpsa54e8edd.jpg

The fog lights on the pre-FL and FL are different...

395112_10151300771413117_616286541_n.jpg

Bickerton Skoda really have ballsed up as the Scout uses the same fog light as the pre-FL vRS, not the FL vRS as they state.

It has mate, only looking to replace it as some of the glass has gone walkies making it unsafe. All covered up for the time being but once i get a dry weekend i will try to remove it. Looks like its a job of going in via the arch liner or the pannel under the bumper

• Like 1