Alternative door cards?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Simply-Spray-Fabric-Paint-BLACK-/121262071949?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item1c3bc8608d

:rock:

I've bought some to do all my "white bits" and I'll be posting up results when it's done. The only real option I'm afraid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Simply-Spray-Fabric-Paint-BLACK-/121262071949?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item1c3bc8608d

:rock:

I've bought some to do all my "white bits" and I'll be posting up results when it's done. The only real option I'm afraid.

Let us know how you get on with the spray stuff. Will you be doing the seats aswell or just the door cards ?

Let us know how you get on with the spray stuff. Will you be doing the seats aswell or just the door cards ?

Door cards first, then if it goes well I'll do the seats.

...if it goes REALLY well I'll do the carpet :giggle:

id be surprised if that spray is any good to be honest, hopefully im wrong as its a cheap way around it. ive been looking for a cheap set of black door cards for a while everyone on ebay seems to want £50+ for them

No idea, but with my car being a RAT, I may as well use it to test things so others might benefit ;)

Black L&K door cards look like this;

LampKdoorcard_zps4a5dbfd1.jpg

I bought some to replace the cloth ones on my 4x4 but never got around to swapping them over.

I am soooooo jealous - must resist looking on ebay, must resist looking on ebay........... no good, I'm weak - off to look. :thumbup:

I am soooooo jealous - must resist looking on ebay, must resist looking on ebay........... no good, I'm weak - off to look. :thumbup:

They don't come up very often, took me a while to find them.

I removed the leather panel part from the doorcards and was going to swap with the cloth part of my doorcards. This was because my original out part was in better condition.

I never got around to fitting them though.  Still have the leather bits if you're interested?

I removed the leather panel part from the doorcards and was going to swap with the cloth part of my doorcards. This was because my original out part was in better condition.

I didn't know the centre part could be separated. How did you do that?

I didn't know the centre part could be separated. How did you do that?

The centre part is heat bonded to the outer section at several points. I used a wide, flat bladed screwdriver and gently prised the joints apart. You need to remove the complete doorcard to do this.

Here are some pictures of the centre sections I've got;

IMAG0337_zps20062e49.jpg

IMAG0339_zpsec67dd59.jpg

IMAG0340_zpse9719a7d.jpg

IMAG0342_zps964fce2f.jpg

One of them has a very small nick which doesn't look as if it's gone all the way through;

IMAG0341_zpsec0a9d1c.jpg

also one of the rear ones has some scuffing;

IMAG0343_zps33d64435.jpg

are the rear inserts the same for estates and hatchbacks? i know the door cards are different but not sure about the inserts. id be interested in those leather bits if they are the same

I think they are but not 100% sure.

• 6 years later...