Hazard Warning Lights Active / Emergency Braking

CmB

Hi All,

While doing some emergency braking the other day (keep your eyes on the road folks) i realised that the hazard warning lights were active for what seemed like ages. It was a blooming pain and i want to switch this off if i can.

I have had a look with VCDS and the box under "Emergency Brake Flashing via Turn Signals active" is definitely un-ticked !! Is this where i should be looking or is it located somewhere else.

Ta

I had to slam my brakes on at a set of traffic lights so i sat there with the hazards flashing (advertising the fact the i was not paying attention  :bandit: )

So basically i either have to move off or use the hazard switch to deactivate them?

Did they not switch straight off when you carried on driving?

Also you can just press the switch to turn them off.

Phil

Phil...Hi

I think I may have to meet up with you sometime soon

Mine are supposed to be activated, but don't appear to work

So basically i either have to move off or use the hazard switch to deactivate them?

Thats pretty much it, they are designed to continue flashing unless the car starts moving again. The reason is safety, so that in the event that you had crashed into a tree or other object then the car will attract the attention of the emergency services. There would be no point if they stopped working after a short period.

Not all features can be disabled, even with VCDS. Especially the case for what is considered a safety feature. The same as you cannot stop ABS working for example.

• Like 1

Phil...Hi

I think I may have to meet up with you sometime soon

Mine are supposed to be activated, but don't appear to work

You'd be surprised how hard you have to stomp on the brakes.

Plus they only trigger above a certain speed.

Don't mind having a look some time though. I'm over west Yorkshire way on Sunday 16th.

Phil