Skoda Fixed Price Service Plan

w11q

Greetings all,

I am about to join the ranks of Skoda owners by taking delivery of used 11 reg Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6 tdi very shortly.

I have been offered 2 year fixed price servicing @ £349 for the vehicle ... which I thought the dealer would have

"thrown in" to sweeten the deal .. but no joy as I guess margins are wafer thin nowadays.

My question is - do other Fabia owners think Fixed Price Servicing is worth it ... given the 10K service interval

or would an Indy VAG dealer do just as well ?

Any opinions or views gratefully received :)

Thnx

Welcome to the Forum.

Have they shown you the details of what 2 year plan.

How many miles has the car done now,  & what work has been done,

1 year/10,000 miles service,  then a 2 Year/24,000 mile service,  so next is a Minor plus Brake Fluid change.

Has the Pollen Filter been changed at the last service?

As an Example,

i take it you are due a MOT this year.

So is 1 Plan,  A Major & a Minor Service including a MOT.  

Or are we talking Major & Minor Service, & Parts as Required.   You need to see what is in the Plan.

You may be able to get Services done cheaper than this National Pricing Deal, still at Skoda Dealers..

http://skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/servicing

http://skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/maintenance

• Like 1

PS

Just found the brochure. On a Previous plan. But this one is 2 years old.

Option 1.

1 minor service and 1 major service.

1 pollen filter in 24 months

1 brake fluid change in 24 months (if Required)

1 Spark Plug change  (if Required)

1 fuel filter i (if required)

1 Air Filter (if required)

1 X £50 Voucher to spend on Skoda Merchandise.

Plan 2 was the same but instead of voucher for £50, it was 2 x MOT Test & MOT Test Protection.

Probably well out of date now,  

but just showing as an Example.   ** 'if Required'**  can be a bit dodgy.

CHECK IF YOU PAY THEM £349,  CAN THE SERVICES BE DONE AT ANY SKODA DEALERSHIP,

OR ONLY WITH THEM. ??

IF AT ANY SKODA DEALERSHIP & IT IS AN OFFICIAL SKODA PLAN, GET THE CERTIFICATE SAYING THAT,

& BE SURE THEY PUT IT ON THE COMPUTER.

others have been stung before, when going to another garage for the second service.

OR THE BRANCH CHANGES HANDS TO ANOTHER DEALERSHIP GROUP.

Hi sk4gw - thanks for the info there... some bits to ponder on .... believe it or not I haven't seen the actual vehicle yet - there was

a petrol version that was the same in all respects and that was enough to get me hooked. That said, I am confident it will be up to

my expectations !

The dealer hasn't given me chapter and verse on what the FP service plan includes .. but the vehicle has approx 19k on the clock 

and is under manufacturers warranty till abt June. The reason I wonder whether it is worth it ... is because I am aware of a good VAG

indy abt 20 miles from where I live who seems to pick up regular compliments from colleagues of mine !

Will you do enough miles per trip or day to be worth having a diesel with PDF ?

The Petrol engines are nice and reliable, possibly so will the TDI be,  but depends how you will use it,

and how long you will be keeping it.

Others can give opinions hopefully.

Ask the Dealer if there is any history of Warranty Issues,  ask them to check the Computer.

and if they hum or hey, check with Skoda UK Customer Services, they will tell you.

Yes,

Essential means less of a shock to the wallet when it comes to getting it serviced.  'free' service and 'free' tyres if you choose that plan.

Which reminds me, I have some tyres to wear out so I can make use of the 'free' tyres before my plan is over next year :)

I don't think the £349 deal includes tyres.

My first service (minor) was £140 odd (maybe less) the second, due soon was quoted at £240.

So in two years you'll require both types and for £349, you're saving a little bit.

My Dad got the service and tyres deal on his new Fabia in 2011 (I think) and he has just done the tyres and used the last service.