Resetting one touch window.

Had my car serviced today, and my sat nav sorted.

On my way home I found that the drivers side window one touch was not working.

Called the dealership, and they told me how to reset it, but it didn't work.

They said to out the window down and keep my finger down for an extra 5 seconds or so, and the put it up and keep my finger pm the button for an extra five seconds. Switch ignition off, and then on.

This didn't work.

Could wait until Monday, but it is one of those annoying things that I am sure is really simple and somebody on here I am sure will know.

Thanks I'm advance.

Thanks for the responses.

Not 100% why they disconnected the battery, but they did have to do some form of rest for the sat nav. Also had an issue with my bluetooth which solved after a bit, so, but of a strange one.

Page 47 of the owners manual:

The automatic power windows do not work if the vehicle battery was disconnected and connected while a window is open. The system must be activated.

Activation sequence:

• ›  Switch on the ignition.

• ›  Pull the top edge of the button and close the window.

• ›  Release the button.

• ›  Pull the relevant button upwards again for approx. 3 seconds, and keep it pressed down

Hey guys. Do you have this one touch function for driver buttons with one click ore two? My O3 Elegance should have one touch but it is not working at all. I have just one click on buttons. Anyone have the same and habe one touch working?

Edited by myself24483

Sorted. The manual is poorly written.

Put the window down, then put it all the way up. Let go of the button, hen pull it up again for 3 seconds.

Really don't understand why it was only drivers window that stopped working.

• Thanks 2

Really don't understand why it was only drivers window that stopped working.

It says in the manual (also in my post above) that it losses the memory if a window is left open when the battery is disconnected, so i guess they had the drivers window open when they disconnected the battery.....

• 3 years later...

Today morning i was at the inspection center for automobiles and after the inspection i found that the front passenger windows did not go up with one touch. I think that it has something to do with the computer they connect to the car for measuring the parameters. Somehow it interfere with the windows system  or the shaking they do to test the suspensions. ???
But it was easy to get it done. Switch the ignition on. Pull up the window with the problem. After closing completely push up again the button and hold it for 5 secs or more. Than pull down the window. When is all down push the button down for 5 secs or more. Switch the ignition off.
This worked for me. And now i can open/close the windows and the panoramic roof with no problem even with the FOB key.

• 4 years later...