Who will win Car of the Year 2014 (CotY 2014)

The winner received 307 points from the 58 Jury members, with top points from 22 jurors. Second and third, in a close race, were the two electric cars. 

BMW i3 (223)
Tesla S (216)
Citroen (182)
Mazda3 (180)
Skoda Octavia (172)
Mercedes S-class (170)

At least Skoda wasn't last. Still a good overall result - 6 best car in Europe :)

TSI doesn't have fake exhausts, only the TDI does, like the "fake" GOLF

The Golf Tdi has real exhausts and the vRS Tsi has tiny exhausts poked into a fake aluminium surround, and the BMW deserved to win, balanced voting won, you cannot think just because you have bought a model of the a car it will win .Half of the uk based journalists voted for the Bm, now thats a landslide http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/news/bmw-i3-grabs-new-award-13556/   for the car of the year uk. The Golf one it for europe last year and the Octavia is based on that 

The Golf Tdi has real exhausts and the vRS Tsi has tiny exhausts poked into a fake aluminium surround, and the BMW deserved to win, balanced voting won, you cannot think just because you have bought a model of the a car it will win .Half of the uk based journalists voted for the Bm, now thats a landslide http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/news/bmw-i3-grabs-new-award-13556/   for the car of the year uk. The Golf one it for europe last year and the Octavia is based on that 

Except for the exhausts... UK Opinion is only a very small part of Europe. By unbalanced I meant the number of representatives per country - it wasn't equal so weighted to some countries more than others. Time will tell how many of the UK voters actually fork out on a v.expensive BMW milk float - my guess is not so many. I didn't vote for a car I bought, I voted for a car that I thought was best out of the 7 and still do. Not bothered with other peoples votes - they just got it wrong that's all :)

So there you have it, Europe voted for a French car and if you want big exhausts on your TDI buy a golf simple or is, the golf has only got half a boot compared to the Octavia no matter, exhaust size is what matters in the "Whatcar Family car of the year" OH..... no it wasn't was it !

Regards

T

• Like 1

Gabbo is the WINNER !!!

Yay..!!! What do I win???

However, I must confess, it wasn't very hard to guess who the winner would be though...

Peugeot are "sponsoring" the CarOfTheYear unveiling at the Geneva Show and were offereing a competition to win a new 308 ;)

These kinds of competitions aren't really about who makes the best or most innovative car..

Its all about who gives the best perks to the Journalists...

This is the reason why cars are launched in exotic locations around europe (a nice all expenses paid holiday work-trip for the Journalists).

• Like 1

Don't talk to me about Journalists, as a Postman I have the dubious pleasure of delivering to some of them, now whilst I appreciate they've probably all got permanant raging hangovers, they couldn't be nastier if they tried. How I haven't tipexed the first letter from the Canal Boat magazine's mail is beyond me, the Editor is so Fn rude.

Regards

T