The time has come

pippobj

Hello everyone.

The time for my furby rs has come..

I'm at that point where many of you have probably already came through.

It's a couple of month that I don't know whether to swap the Fabia or tune it.

I have the possibility to get a brand new fiesta ST for about 14k. (giving to the dealer around 6-7k+fabia)

There are so many good reviews on the ST (maybe to many???)

My Fabia as 3year and 26.000 miles to the clock.

Will a tuned Fabia ever be as fun as a Fiesta ST?

I was thinking of getting the suspensions upgraded with some h&r springs and koni dampers, central silencer removed, Rarb and a rear lower brace from ultraracing

(http://www.ultraracing.my/catalog/index.php?id_product=3188&controller=product)

probably I will remap too, but I don't really need more power.

I'm afraid of spending money on my actual car and that realise that it will never be as good as the ST.

What do you think?

Have you driven a Fiesta ST 2 yet,

a standard vRS is as fast as them where a ST driver seems not to know what gear they need to be in,

i have not met a ST driver yet that seems to be able to get them to get that much of a shift on,  plenty around my area, 

and they seem keen to show what they can do, but they do look rather silly doing it so far.

Surely they must be faster.  

They can maybe get around corners, but they need to be getting some gear use it seems to get places fast.

Max Torque is high at 290 NM, but that is at 1600 rpm, so low down the rev range,

Max BHP is at 5700 rpm.

Re-map to 205-210 BHP from your vRS and some handling mods will cost £1,100 or so and i think you will live easily with a Standard ST,

maybe even a Mototune one.

If you like manuals and a 3 door is all you need, maybe the Ford is the way to go,

new Warranty, and a better built & more reliable car.

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/ford/fiesta/st-hatchback/review

• Like 1

I test drove a Fiesta ST and it is a very nice car; for a 'hot' hatch, it is extremely docile in traffic and easy to drive. It looks good and the ST2 is very well specced. The Ecoboost engine is excellent and when driven sensibly it will give good economy.  All the reviews really rate it.We didn't buy the Fiesta because we decided it was too small (I bought a 2-litre Ecoboost Mondeo instead) but I really liked it.

Your choice at the end of the day. 

Fiesta ST's the way to go especially with the Mountune pack which only costs £650 or so.

The vRS is gonna be a thing of the past but the ST will still be around for a while and won't need money spent on trying to improve the handling or topping up the oil.

I know people lament the virtues of the vRS, DSG, more space, 5 doors and the like but why would you want to spend more money on your vRS, money which you won't get back.

Not everyone wants 5 doors or a flappy paddle gearbox so if you can live without them then I would be going for the Blue Oval this time round.

Fiesta ST's the way to go especially with the Mountune pack which only costs £650 or so.

The vRS is gonna be a thing of the past but the ST will still be around for a while and won't need money spent on trying to improve the handling or topping up the oil.

I know people lament the virtues of the vRS, DSG, more space, 5 doors and the like but why would you want to spend more money on your vRS, money which you won't get back.

Not everyone wants 5 doors or a flappy paddle gearbox so if you can live without them then I would be going for the Blue Oval this time round.

^this.

I'd have swapped our vRS for one in a heartbeat but the need for 5-doors, flappy paddle for SWMBO and a large boot for the baby-kit ruled the ford out. Bet they are epic fun tho.

Fair dues Furbytom, I need 5 doors and the extra space in the boot comes in handy for my mountain bike gear so my Monte serves me at present but if my needs changed then I would love an ST.

Can't afford a Focus ST especially the estate so will make do with the Flabbier for now !!.

Hello everyone.

The time for my furby rs has come..

I'm at that point where many of you have probably already came through.

It's a couple of month that I don't know whether to swap the Fabia or tune it.

I have the possibility to get a brand new fiesta ST for about 14k. (giving to the dealer around 6-7k+fabia)

There are so many good reviews on the ST (maybe to many???)

My Fabia as 3year and 26.000 miles to the clock.

Will a tuned Fabia ever be as fun as a Fiesta ST?

I was thinking of getting the suspensions upgraded with some h&r springs and koni dampers, central silencer removed, Rarb and a rear lower brace from ultraracing

(http://www.ultraracing.my/catalog/index.php?id_product=3188&controller=product)

probably I will remap too, but I don't really need more power.

I'm afraid of spending money on my actual car and that realise that it will never be as good as the ST.

What do you think?

That's a great price for the Fiesta - I know no-one pays 'list' but the list price is from £16,995 - people pay £14k for lesser models in the Fiesta range.

If you've had the Fabia three years I think it's probably time for a wee change. If I wasn't too old to be seen in one I'd consider the Fiesta although the vRS is likely to be my last car anyway (as I don't really get the chance to get out in it that much - however, I never say never).

When I bought my MKII vRS I considered the Zetec S (as the ST was still two years' away) but one-year old Fiesta Zetecs were dearer (than a one-year old vRS) - for less money I was getting DSG (which I've always fancied) and an extra 60bhp.

I'm starting to get bored, probably due to the DSG being so "arcade", there is no feel to it. 

the fun factor is fading away and I need it!! I would like a have a grin from ear to ear when I drive my car.

could some mods give me back the fun factor?

is there someone out there the as a tuned fabia and that as tried the fiesta ST??

Edited by pippobj

'vRSy' had a vRS thats been Stage 3 & stage 2 then went to a Focus ST and has only had good things to say about it since.

If you are done with autos/DSG you might as well get a manual, but go road test one yourself and see, because  it does not matter how you modify your car,

it will still be a semi automatic.

My car with £300 plus fitting spent on handling is a hoot to drive.

Also remapped and I assure you it is not a mod to be sniffed at.

Had a modified (exhaust at the least) '53 plate Civic Type R try having a silly moment with me just this afternoon on a clear NSL B road and coming off a round about and up a straight road it's owner looked rather forlorn.

I'm in the keep it camp. I'm no Fast Car magazine reader but modifying my Faba has been incredibly satisfying. I also plan to do more, the real joy is learning to get the most from one car rather than changing the car in search of something.

• Like 1

pippobj, 

Fun, is a term you will need to explain, because a car with 100 bhp or less can be fun.

It is different things to different people.

So do you mean drive the same roads and corners as you do now,

but go into and come out of each corner faster than you can do now.

Or are you going to different places, and going to do something different?

Or take it on the track and it can handle everything you give it.

Some get fun with cars that can slide the back end and lose traction like with a GT86/BRZ, or a BMW without traction aids.

But fun can loose you your licence or the car slides off the road.

I find fun with cr4p handling cars and trying to get the best from them,

but that might not need much speed. & sometimes the best fun is with a good handling car that has little power but takes corners flat out, like Original Minis do.

& this can be fun, because i am not a driving god, just travelling on the public highway.

Grip at the front... loose at the back (when you want to)  - flat out cornering,

yes... kart style  :rock:

an ESP deactivation (without deactivating the ABS too) could do the case too

Which car now disables the ABS when you can switch off the ESP?

Have you tried removing the Rear Weights & spare tyre from your vRS and see what happens to the rear end without 

any other suspension or tyre mods,

Free Modification.

Recently 'VRS-Powered mentioned how the rear end gets squirmy when that is done.

(i like it that way, it is fun for free.)

Also for free you can change the' power steering assistance' and the 'XDS setting', even the 'Brake Assistance'.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/223019-removing-rear-weights-mk2-fabia-vrs-hatch-guide/page-3

Well, if you press che asr button the esp is still there.. If you take of the esp fuse from the fuse box next to the battery, it will shut down the abs too.. I will surly try to take out the 25kg ballast

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk

So not 'Switching off', but Disabling the System.

& If you overheat the braking system with the ESP then you end up with the XDS shutting off until the heat drops.

But you are Disabling the XDS anyway, are you not.?

Disabling/inhibiting a brake system in that way for the Public Highway is just a step too far IMO.

Cause a crash or serious injury, even a fatality and the car is going to be getting inspected, then you will be wanting 

'soap on a rope' for Birthday presents i would think.

Have fun playing while you decide what to buy,

and have fun trying the Fiesta.

• Like 1