Amber warning triangle then check info on vehicle data

Hi, I have had my VRS for 5 days. Saw an amber warning triangle flash up on the instrument cluster. So I checked the vehicle status on the bolero. It showed the drives headlight in yellow. I could not find anything wrong. On my next trip 1 hour later I didn't get any warnings and the lights appear to be working.

Is the car computer diagnostics good enough to record what happened to tell the dealer if I ask them to have a look, or should I wait to see if it happens again?

Anyone else seen anything similar?

Do you have Xenons? If so could have been a Calibration failure which happens at engine start. If your lights are on they should do a "dance".

Iirc someone posted previously about their MK 3 not doing the sideways movement on one of their lights (passenger iirc), restarted and it was fine.

Search may yield what happened and if they had further issues

The error should have been logged - worth getting them to check/quote] 

+1

Just wait and see if the error repeats, then take a trip to the dealers.

Will this message not reappear everytime ignition is switched on regardless of fault being present or not? This has been the case with all fault codes logged on my Seat (Octy has been behaving itself!).

Will this message not reappear everytime ignition is switched on regardless of fault being present or not? This has been the case with all fault codes logged on my Seat (Octy has been behaving itself!).

According to the OP no.

Had the Octavia VRS Estate 4 days and the warning light came on and logged the same code - lights seam to work fine so off to the dealer.

Let me know how you get on. It could be we have the same error especially as we probably have the same build week (3) and possibly a faulty batch of parts or a lazy factory fitter.

Had the same warning message appear soon after I picked up the car. Dealer suggested that I take it to the garage so they can check. Have not yet had time to visit them though.

Interestingly, the error message disappeared after two days and has been error free since.

Mine is w4 build too, so could indeed be that it has to do with the xenon batch they were installing at that time.

does the dancing at startup.

I had the same warning and have taken mine in to the dealers. They have had a technical bulletin from Skoda on this and have ordered a new "control unit" which is going to be fitted on Wednesday. My warning message was intermittent, came on a few times when starting at night with the headlights switch at the 'Auto' position, then stopped happening, but I'm glad I kept my appointment at the dealers.

While I was at it, had my headlamp washers adjusted, so they now retract properly and my sound synthesiser turned down to 50%; am much happier with the more muted sound in Sport Mode now.

my sound synthesiser turned down to 50%; am much happier with the more muted sound in Sport Mode now.

So the dealer was willing to do this coding for you? That's interesting... As I'd want it turned off completely. I need to check with my dealer.

So the dealer was willing to do this coding for you? That's interesting... As I'd want it turned off completely. I need to check with my dealer.

Yep. I'm sure they should be able to do it and turn it down to whatever % you want. Don't know if they can set it to zero or not.

I also have had problems with the amber warning triangle appearing on the dash, accompanied by the message ' Check right dipped headlight beam' there does not seem to be a pattern that triggers this. However on a couple of occassions the right hand dipped beam has been off but not always when the warning message is displayed, the lights are set to auto and I have Xenon lights. 

The car is due to go into the Skoda dealer on Thursday and as usual the situation seems to right itself when the car is restarted or it just disappears.

The problem manifested itself about 15mins after picking the car up, so we returned to the dealer but by the time they took it into the workshop the warning triangle/message had disappeared, they said there was nothing on diagnostics!!!!!!

I have managed to take photos of when these problems/error messages have occured including the non illuminated headlamp so I have some proof to pass to the dealer.

What would be useful is some sort of reference to the Technical Bulletin, a number or title so that I can ask them to read this in advance.

Hope somebody can help.

I took mine in today. Dealer said they could see error on diagnostics but could not work out what bulb was faulty. They cleared fault and said see how it goes. I will see and if it happens again I will mention the 'Technical bulletin'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to add to this. I had the check left headlight beam after going over bumpy roads. Took it to the dealers who first replaced the bulb while I was there and then when it reappeared took the car in for a couple of days and then noticed the bulletin from Skoda which said "recode" the control unit. However, my car was already at the correct software level so they went back to Skoda.

Skoda had them replace the "transformer" which they tell me is Skoda for "motor".

We shall see whether that fixes the fault.