Headlight Assist

Set headlight switch to Auto and set the beam to High.  It should sort itself.  I haven't tried mine yet though.

But it's an optional extra which going off the OP he doesn't have.

Do you want to elaborate? The lane assist camera can be coded for the high beam assist as I have seen the options for it. Just need to work out the differences elsewhere such as the steering controller and central electronics. I thought I had most of it covered the only time I tried with VCDS but it didn't work. Might try with VCP and using the PR code.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

Also make sure it's turned on under setup on the Stereo. On picking up my SE it wasn't enabled from the get go, despite having the headlight switch on Auto. There's a tick box under lighting that will need ticked (if you actually have it fitted).

My mirror controller promptly packed up within a week though and I'm now awaiting the replacement on back order, and in the interim have to toggle between high beam and dipped manually, oh the barbarity!

Niall

• Like 1

My mirror controller promptly packed up within a week though and I'm now awaiting the replacement on back order, and in the interim have to toggle between high beam and dipped manually, oh the barbarity!

I know, right?! It's like living in the middle ages...  :giggle:

On a serious note, if you have the lights on Auto and you have the high beam assist, all you need to do is push the left stalk forwards slightly and you should get a small logo on your dash telling you it's activated.

On a serious note, if you have the lights on Auto and you have the high beam assist, all you need to do is push the left stalk forwards slightly and you should get a small logo on your dash telling you it's activated.

.....provided you have enabled it under 'CAR' on your stereo if it is a fitted option.

The function of Headlight assist can be activated/deactivated in the Infotainment »  operating instructions for Infotainment, chapter Vehicle settings (CAR button)

Niall

• Like 1