Anyone fancy some leather seats, on ebay

johngt

Shame polo ones have blue centres :(

Fabia ones are also for sale in the complete car that he has advertised  :wonder:

I've asked the seller how he intends to sell the same interior twice and he said if leather sells for what he wants the advert for full car will be edited, can see a few bids on that being retracted if that happens .

Fabia ones are also for sale in the complete car that he has advertised :wonder:

I've asked the seller how he intends to sell the same interior twice and he said if leather sells for what he wants the advert for full car will be edited, can see a few bids on that being retracted if that happens .

I know yeah it's daft how he's gone about that, people bidding on the car, clearly there main priority will be the seats.

Holy sh...how much.

Well it makes my Recaros look like a steal compared to both of those.

To confirm if you are patience and can be practical you don't have to pay those kind of prices

Dont get me wrong they are both nice, but the blues the only thing different to mine is they are blue and a drivers seat bit less sagging that mine (not thats a problem).

Plus these are polos and go straight in while I had to convert mine. However judging by the photos I think the Golf ones are fatter and possibly more supportive.

I wouldn't pay that and anyone who would is a bit mad, specially on a car this old, and anyone thinking they are appreciating hence worth the investment is equally loopy. Still love my car though, despite getting close to worthless, still drives probably better than a lot of new stuff and a lot of fun so thats all that counts.

Fabia ones are also for sale in the complete car that he has advertised  :wonder:

including mine lol

Pretty sure he's got someone bidding the Fabia interior up,so hopefully no one on here gets ripped off? :(

The high bidder has got :

Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif33%

Heading £600+ for USED leather seats ? Might as well just bite the bullet and go BN and go to the surgeons if it was me.

Just bide your time and patience and go the used route like many of us. Mine cost £200 and wouldn't go back, Recaros are the bomb, fit like a glove and far better bolster (particularly back) than any Fabia standard seats leather or not. Do standard Fabia leather seats come with adjustable lumbar ?

Heading £600+ for USED leather seats ? Might as well just bite the bullet and go BN and go to the surgeons if it was me.

Just bide your time and patience and go the used route like many of us. Mine cost £200 and wouldn't go back, Recaros are the bomb, fit like a glove and far better bolster (particularly back) than any Fabia standard seats leather or not. Do standard Fabia leather seats come with adjustable lumbar ?

Still way better value than Seat Surgeons,as its £850+vat,and thats to cover your standard seats.

If these go for £600 minus £150/£200 for your standard seats once sold if good cond its cost circa £350/£400.

Still way better value than Seat Surgeons,as its £850+vat,and thats to cover your standard seats.

If these go for £600 minus £150/£200 for your standard seats once sold if good cond its cost circa £350/£400.

Rubbish. Typical ebay overbidding.

Show me where you can get £200 for standard vRS seats. Mine weren't far from  immac and I got £150 and there certainly weren't people tripped over to buy them either. Shiity seats with any stains, rips or marks whatsoever, and you are definitely talking less.

If your vRS seats are that saleworth you CAN still pick up donor seats very cheap - I got some perfect for £40 - and use those for recovering. If you hang about you'd get a good set of vRS seats with poor covers etc, for almost free - I've seen people offering them.

The difference as I pointed out, they are used, and you can't compared new custom fitted bespoke leather, to used standard leather seats, a common misunderstanding whenever people bid on ebay.

Although it does show how sought after leather is.

Buyers of used items should bid to 50%-60% or so of the price to cover themselves for anything unforseen

Quite often they bid to at least 80% or more of a new price - sometimes even more lol.

Maybe they sympathise with sellers and the extortionate fees lol

So rare to find any kind of bargain on the fleabay anymore

Which is near enough what happened when someone bought a Sony move controller pack genuinely for me recently, I just don't get folk ! They even realised and had the nerve to try and complain after giving me good feedback that it had "gone faulty" (it wasn't).

Rubbish. Typical ebay overbidding.

Show me where you can get £200 for standard vRS seats. Mine weren't far from  immac and I got £150 and there certainly weren't people tripped over to buy them either. Shiity seats with any stains, rips or marks whatsoever, and you are definitely talking less.

If your vRS seats are that saleworth you CAN still pick up donor seats very cheap - I got some perfect for £40 - and use those for recovering. If you hang about you'd get a good set of vRS seats with poor covers etc, for almost free - I've seen people offering them.

The difference as I pointed out, they are used, and you can't compared new custom fitted bespoke leather, to used standard leather seats, a common misunderstanding whenever people bid on ebay.

Although it does show how sought after leather is.

Buyers of used items should bid to 50%-60% or so of the price to cover themselves for anything unforseen

Quite often they bid to at least 80% or more of a new price - sometimes even more lol.

Maybe they sympathise with sellers and the extortionate fees lol

So rare to find any kind of bargain on the fleabay anymore

Which is near enough what happened when someone bought a Sony move controller pack genuinely for me recently, I just don't get folk ! They even realised and had the nerve to try and complain after giving me good feedback that it had "gone faulty" (it wasn't).

Whats rubbish?

They are Fabia seats made for a Fabia,not some knackered old Recaros from a golf.

Sold my seats with no rear frames for £165,user below also did ok by the looks of it.

I payed £650 for mine 7 mths ago and sold my standards for £225

Well done for getting £225,as the seat/E-Bay/know it all above says you can't give them away!!!!  :bandit:

Yeah of course, Fabia leather seats, internationally recognised as the best seats ever. Not Recaros what was I thinking .......

Do the standard Fabia leather seats come with adjustable Lumbar support ?

Yeah of course, Fabia leather seats, internationally recognised as the best seats ever. Not Recaros what was I thinking .......

Do the standard Fabia leather seats come with adjustable Lumbar support ?

Who ever uses lumbar support?

Wow Recaro................. :nerd:

People with adjustable do :rofl:  Those that don't, won't ever know what it feels like lol

Anyway, mk4 golf seats aren't the best ever, I wasn't saying that, but for £200 they are bargain compared to "standard" Fabia leather (or in fact in many ways far better with better bolster support I have found, and I've owned my car from new and never wore my seats badly so well entitled to compare on this).

If you think they are knackered then more fool you....I'm very happy with my bargain basement purchase and encourage others to follow the same and following Pastys guide could do the same for fraction of this expensive easy track option.

BUT IMO Seats retrimmed custom by seat surgeons I'm afraid are the VERY best you can get.....pics on here and elsewhere confirm this, they own those crappy dull looking Fabia standard leathers, and the more they bid up on ebay the more daft it becomes

I have some colour concept recaros (leather, coloured and heated) sat out in my golf on the drive which is awaiting insurance payout for a good ol' smack. 

Hmmm, worth a few bob, but I really do wish I could get them in my fabia but it does seem like a lot of hard work and could potentially damage some pricey seats

Best you can get in my opinion for oem+ would be recaros retrimed in some nice tight custom leather. Hell of alot more comfy and the support on the sides is massively better add that to your personal choice of colours and stitches would make the best option for me :) now im just dreaming.

I have some colour concept recaros (leather, coloured and heated) sat out in my golf on the drive which is awaiting insurance payout for a good ol' smack. 

Hmmm, worth a few bob, but I really do wish I could get them in my fabia but it does seem like a lot of hard work and could potentially damage some pricey seats

Don't overthink it mate, if you can operate a spanner, the chances of you damaging are low. In fact if you can remove and refit the seats you are already over qualified lol. So easy to thread a bolt when removing the seats.

The only area that is a bit awkward is definitely the rears on account of a bit of work needed. Even then its not exactly brain surgery. It took me a bit of planing to decide but I like a challenge. I ended up moving the headrest holes slightly and kept the third headrest but I like that - not many Fabia with a centre headrest ! Also some trimming. I don't really use the rear seats often but I came out happy with what I have done.

But, if you need any help and advice, you have come to the best place!

I would still definitely recommend it....if you can get away/ are allowed to remove the seats then I would say do it, you wouldn't regret it and its definitely on the 2.5 spanners out of 5 on the difficulty level, its not like changing a turbo or clutch.

Looks like he had someone bidding them up for him :@
As he's still got the complete damaged VRS listed including the leather.